3 pt questions

/ 3 pt questions #1  

zeke00

Tractor
Massey GC 2600
Hello all, I have a question about the operation of the lift control on the 3 pt. hitch on my gc 2600. Do the lift control for the mmm and the rear 3 pt operate together when raising and lowering? I have my mmm lift arms locked in the up position as I don't have my mower on, but when I lift my rear three pt. I get a loud noise from the pump like the pressure relief valve is opening. Is this normal or is there a way to by pass flow to the mower lift arms? Thank you for your help.

/ 3 pt questions #2  
Do you get the noise all the time or ust when the arms hit the top? Are you moving the lever all the way or just part way? If just part way you'll hear that noise from the fluid movement. If its just at the top that is the pressure relief. Locking the arms for the mower up shouldn't create any problems. They are hooked in with linkages not hydraulic, so they should be just fine.

/ 3 pt questions
mfred, you are right. I just went out and bladed my driveway and noticed that if I fully engage the pto up, the noise is not there, but when I try to bump it up a little the noise returns. I'm a tractor newbe, so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the help!