Got tired of waiting

/ Got tired of waiting #1  

Don87

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2400
So I went to TSC and purchased a 5' backblade. I've been trying for over 2 years to find a good used one. I'm posting pictures of that, and of the lights I installed a couple of years ago(but neglected to post pictures). On picture number 5, you can see that the blade was welded on crooked. It's just over 1/4 inch out.

The lights came from NAPA, standard worklights. 1 faces front, the other to the rear. The warning light was picked up by my son(dunno where).

Attachments

• blade1.jpg
    blade1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 153
  • blade3.jpg
    blade3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 185
  • blade4.jpg
    blade4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 166
  • blade5.jpg
    blade5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 214
  • blade7.jpg
    blade7.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 186
  • blade8.jpg
    blade8.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 185
  • blade11.jpg
    blade11.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 136
  • blade12.jpg
    blade12.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
   / Got tired of waiting #2  
Wow, that's too bad-- it's pretty easy to see that thing's on crooked! So, is that one made by Woods or is it a "generic" TSC private-labeled thing? Looks a lot like the used Woods I picked up 3 years ago.

I'm planning (hoping) to build a frame to be able to attach it to the MF blower quick-hitch assy so I can quickly swap from blower to plow... but haven't gotten around to it yet....:rolleyes:

DSC04111.JPGDSC04114.JPG

/ Got tired of waiting #3  
On second look, I guess the Woods version does look a bit heavier....

/ Got tired of waiting #4  
I've seen worse offer by TSC...CarryAll 1 3/8" differents end of forks,paint almost hide the mistake..almost.

/ Got tired of waiting
Wow, that's too bad-- it's pretty easy to see that thing's on crooked! So, is that one made by Woods or is it a "generic" TSC private-labeled thing? Looks a lot like the used Woods I picked up 3 years ago.

I'm planning (hoping) to build a frame to be able to attach it to the MF blower quick-hitch assy so I can quickly swap from blower to plow... but haven't gotten around to it yet....:rolleyes:

View attachment 300897View attachment 300898
It's some generic type, but is different than what is pictured on TSC's site. This one is built stronger. Can't quite get the lift height I was hoping for though.

The little bit that it's off does not affect the usability, it is working fine. I just wanted potential buyers to make sure they look at it closely before they buy one like it.

/ Got tired of waiting
I've seen worse offer by TSC...CarryAll 1 3/8" differents end of forks,paint almost hide the mistake..almost.
I was reading the reviews at TSC, some of the blades have been off as much as 5 inches from one side to the other. Various other problems also.

/ Got tired of waiting #7  
I'm considering a 5' from TSC also. I've seen here and other threads talk about welds being off and the blade being uneven. I must be blind, most probably not knowing where/what to look for, but how do I know if the weld is off? What weld am I looking at? I can't see anything uneven in the above pic of the TSC blade. I'm new to tractors and implements, help guide my eyes.

/ Got tired of waiting
I'm considering a 5' from TSC also. I've seen here and other threads talk about welds being off and the blade being uneven. I must be blind, most probably not knowing where/what to look for, but how do I know if the weld is off? What weld am I looking at? I can't see anything uneven in the above pic of the TSC blade. I'm new to tractors and implements, help guide my eyes.
Picture number 5(hover your mouse on it and the number 5 will appear), Follow the 2 supports that are welded on there. You can see by the bends in the metal that the right side is lower than the left. Then look at the top support, to the top of the blade, and the distance on the left side will be shorter that the right side.

If you go to TSC, take a tape measure, and have a helper. Put the blade in the position it would be mounted to the tractor and stand back and look at it. Is the hitch in alignment with the blade? Then take your rule, and measure from the pin to the floor on both sides. Then be sure that the blade will actually turn around the entire way.

The orange subcompact attachments you see there only measure 20 inches from pin to pin, that's a Cat 0 implement. The yellow ones are Cat 1 implements, 26 inches from pin to pin.

/ Got tired of waiting #9  
Picture number 5(hover your mouse on it and the number 5 will appear), Follow the 2 supports that are welded on there. You can see by the bends in the metal that the right side is lower than the left. Then look at the top support, to the top of the blade, and the distance on the left side will be shorter that the right side.

If you go to TSC, take a tape measure, and have a helper. Put the blade in the position it would be mounted to the tractor and stand back and look at it. Is the hitch in alignment with the blade? Then take your rule, and measure from the pin to the floor on both sides. Then be sure that the blade will actually turn around the entire way.

The orange subcompact attachments you see there only measure 20 inches from pin to pin, that's a Cat 0 implement. The yellow ones are Cat 1 implements, 26 inches from pin to pin.

Thanks! I'm considering the yellow one. I think I get it now - make sure the horizontal plane of the blade is perpendicular to the vertical of the shaft and the top hitch. If both side pins are the same measurement from the ground, in the mounted position, then it should be pretty level, work ok and in this position make sure the blade spins all the way around as it should. Is this right?

/ Got tired of waiting #10  
Here are the picture I promised you in the PM.

Here is how the blade was sitting before I raised it. It is sitting a little low in the front but it is close to level.

20130202_154145_zps1fcba0be.jpg

Here is the blade @ 23.5''

20130202_153909_zps8bfa6391.jpg

20130202_153945_zpsf00c23c8.jpg

My toplink will go shorter but not much so I could get a little more lift.

20130202_154156_zpsd98f0d3c.jpg

Are those picture with the toplink shortened all the way? My blade would sit about like that if mine was shortened all the way. Do you know how high it is picking up the blade?