Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Got tired of waiting

So I went to TSC and purchased a 5' backblade. I've been trying for over 2 years to find a good used one. I'm posting pictures of that, and of the lights I installed a couple of years ago(but neglected to post pictures). On picture number 5, you can see that the blade was welded on crooked. It's just over 1/4 inch out.

The lights came from NAPA, standard worklights. 1 faces front, the other to the rear. The warning light was picked up by my son(dunno where).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blade8-jpg   -blade11-jpg   -blade12-jpg   -blade1-jpg   -blade3-jpg  

-blade4-jpg   -blade5-jpg   -blade7-jpg  
    Last edited by Don87; 02-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

Default Re: Got tired of waiting

Wow, that's too bad-- it's pretty easy to see that thing's on crooked! So, is that one made by Woods or is it a "generic" TSC private-labeled thing? Looks a lot like the used Woods I picked up 3 years ago.

I'm planning (hoping) to build a frame to be able to attach it to the MF blower quick-hitch assy so I can quickly swap from blower to plow... but haven't gotten around to it yet....

-dsc04111-jpg-dsc04114-jpg
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

On second look, I guess the Woods version does look a bit heavier....
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

I've seen worse offer by TSC...CarryAll 1 3/8" differents end of forks,paint almost hide the mistake..almost.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by irvingj View Post
    Wow, that's too bad-- it's pretty easy to see that thing's on crooked! So, is that one made by Woods or is it a "generic" TSC private-labeled thing? Looks a lot like the used Woods I picked up 3 years ago.

I'm planning (hoping) to build a frame to be able to attach it to the MF blower quick-hitch assy so I can quickly swap from blower to plow... but haven't gotten around to it yet....

-dsc04111-jpg-dsc04114-jpg
    It's some generic type, but is different than what is pictured on TSC's site. This one is built stronger. Can't quite get the lift height I was hoping for though.

The little bit that it's off does not affect the usability, it is working fine. I just wanted potential buyers to make sure they look at it closely before they buy one like it.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I've seen worse offer by TSC...CarryAll 1 3/8" differents end of forks,paint almost hide the mistake..almost.
    I was reading the reviews at TSC, some of the blades have been off as much as 5 inches from one side to the other. Various other problems also.
    Don

Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

I'm considering a 5' from TSC also. I've seen here and other threads talk about welds being off and the blade being uneven. I must be blind, most probably not knowing where/what to look for, but how do I know if the weld is off? What weld am I looking at? I can't see anything uneven in the above pic of the TSC blade. I'm new to tractors and implements, help guide my eyes.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    I'm considering a 5' from TSC also. I've seen here and other threads talk about welds being off and the blade being uneven. I must be blind, most probably not knowing where/what to look for, but how do I know if the weld is off? What weld am I looking at? I can't see anything uneven in the above pic of the TSC blade. I'm new to tractors and implements, help guide my eyes.
    Picture number 5(hover your mouse on it and the number 5 will appear), Follow the 2 supports that are welded on there. You can see by the bends in the metal that the right side is lower than the left. Then look at the top support, to the top of the blade, and the distance on the left side will be shorter that the right side.

If you go to TSC, take a tape measure, and have a helper. Put the blade in the position it would be mounted to the tractor and stand back and look at it. Is the hitch in alignment with the blade? Then take your rule, and measure from the pin to the floor on both sides. Then be sure that the blade will actually turn around the entire way.

The orange subcompact attachments you see there only measure 20 inches from pin to pin, that's a Cat 0 implement. The yellow ones are Cat 1 implements, 26 inches from pin to pin.
    Don

Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Picture number 5(hover your mouse on it and the number 5 will appear), Follow the 2 supports that are welded on there. You can see by the bends in the metal that the right side is lower than the left. Then look at the top support, to the top of the blade, and the distance on the left side will be shorter that the right side.

If you go to TSC, take a tape measure, and have a helper. Put the blade in the position it would be mounted to the tractor and stand back and look at it. Is the hitch in alignment with the blade? Then take your rule, and measure from the pin to the floor on both sides. Then be sure that the blade will actually turn around the entire way.

The orange subcompact attachments you see there only measure 20 inches from pin to pin, that's a Cat 0 implement. The yellow ones are Cat 1 implements, 26 inches from pin to pin.
    Thanks! I'm considering the yellow one. I think I get it now - make sure the horizontal plane of the blade is perpendicular to the vertical of the shaft and the top hitch. If both side pins are the same measurement from the ground, in the mounted position, then it should be pretty level, work ok and in this position make sure the blade spins all the way around as it should. Is this right?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Here are the picture I promised you in the PM.

Here is how the blade was sitting before I raised it. It is sitting a little low in the front but it is close to level.

Here is the blade @ 23.5''

My toplink will go shorter but not much so I could get a little more lift.

Are those picture with the toplink shortened all the way? My blade would sit about like that if mine was shortened all the way. Do you know how high it is picking up the blade?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast