1085 MF transmission sticks in gear

/ 1085 MF transmission sticks in gear #1  

RCCB

Tractor
Ford 8000, MF 1085, IH T-340
My 1085 transmission likes to stick in gear. Either in 1st & R or 2nd & 3rd. It will usually release if I shut the tractor off or if I drive an extra foot or two. Which can be hard if I'm loading hay or in a building. Also it will pop off 1st gear often. Any help would be great. Thanks.

/ 1085 MF transmission sticks in gear #2  
Does your machine have a Multi-Power? If so, the transmission will be hard to shift while it's in high. Shitfing the Multi-Power to low will release the pressure and allow transmission movement.

/ 1085 MF transmission sticks in gear
MFRED, I tried moving it from high to low and I did not see a difference. I really don't not if the multi-power works on my tractor. It could be stuck in high. I'm still learning about the tractor, because I bought it a couple months ago.

/ 1085 MF transmission sticks in gear #4  
If it's stuck in high you'll know it.If your going up a incline and push the clutch in the tractor won't roll backwards[as long as the tractor is in gear] it'll act the same way if your in reverse and backing up a incline if you push the clutch in in won't roll back down the incline.The other thing is it'll make it very hard to shift if not impossible.One other thing about the Mulipower tractors is that if your in low and going down a hill you don't have and engine braking.If you look under the dash you should beable to see if the rod is connected to the mulitipower lever.If the rod is connected to the lever follow the rod down to the top of the trans and you'll see were it connects into a linkage.There's a pinch bolt that holds the rod into that linkage if it's loose it'll be just sliding up and down without activating the valve inside the trans. I'am actually referring to a MF 175 so I'am kinda thinking there must be some sort of set up like it has to activate the Mulitipower.Hope this gives you a better idea of what to look for.

/ 1085 MF transmission sticks in gear
Larry, Thanks for all of the great info. from what you describe, the multi-power is stuck in high. Now I just have to find the time to track down the problem. Thanks...