Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: GC2400 battery dead

I am glad you didn't have to get a new battery. I hate cats, they walk all over everything leaving their tiny paw prints on anything smooth. Every time I go out to my B26 if I have left the seat down, my neighbors cat has walked all over it. Even my chickens will use it for a laying box even though there are 7 others in their coop. I guess everything likes ORANGE.
    I have had for various reasons the battery in my 2007 Chevy truck fully/completely discharged at least twice and it charged up without a problem. I bought it in 2006 and it still has the original battery which is longer than any battery has ever lasted me. I expect to have to buy one this year, but then I thought the same thing last year. The truck only has 40K miles on it, so maybe it isn't so much the age as the use. It has done its share of sitting in the garage waiting patiently for me to return home twice it was for 8 months at a time and it still cranked without using a maintainer but it was in its first 2 years of life then. It wont do that now, I put a maintainer on it when it is going to be setting for a while. I got a Schumacher one from Walmart for $29 and got 3 more of the $12 ones and they all seem to work ok with about the only difference is the high priced one has a power indicator light and the others don't. I have one for my truck, lawnmower, gas powered golf cart and one for my fuel pump battery. I have a 15 watt solar charger on my diesel lawnmower battery and they all stay hot. Never any problems. I don't think I have any of the $7 Harbor Freight models though so I cant say if they work or not.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2410

Wow, another reason to dislike cats, seriously, when they mess with a mans tractor it is a HUGE problem! I also had battery problems in the past, the first battery had a bad cell, the second one ended up going really bad ( Why does it smell like really rotten eggs in and around my garage?) they did not warrentee it so the dealer got me one at his cost and from advice on this forum I bought a float charger and I have it on the battery all the time so I am ready to go whenever I need my use my baby.
    There shall never be a cat in my home!

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

IDK why people hate cats. They kill mice and chipmunks which like to eat wires off vehicles and tractors.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2410

I had to live with my Sister in law for a little while, they had 3 cats and we still had issues with Mice and Chipmunks, I finally rid us of the mice with D-con.....the Cats were useless! I rest my case !

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by WANNABE1 View Post
    I had to live with my Sister in law for a little while, they had 3 cats and we still had issues with Mice and Chipmunks, I finally rid us of the mice with D-con.....the Cats were useless! I rest my case !
    I bet if you quit feeding them for a couple of days the chipmunk and mice population would have gone down.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2410

Yes, you are probably right and have a good point, one cat was so over fed that he weighed in at 38 Lbs, he was black and white, my little baby girl ( I forget her age at the time ) looks at it and says "mooo" cause she thought it was a cow!

Chris

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

"he weighed in at 38 Lbs, he was black and white, my little baby girl ( I forget her age at the time ) looks at it and says "mooo" cause she thought it was a cow!" Ouch! That's one fat cat!

Mine stays slim & trim and catches lots of little critters. (Unfortunately, he's also pretty good at catching hummingbirds...)
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12