Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #1  

lugnut1009

Bronze Member
Tractor
1973 Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel
Just joined today. I have a 1973 Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel that is in pretty sad shape. It runs fine, smokes under load (kinda expected I guess), and has a few leaks. But for about $1000 I think I did pretty good. I've had it for a little over a year and haven't done much to it yet besides replace the seat and just run it. I have the rear tire off right now trying to revive the brakes.

Just wanted to introduce myself properly. Hopefully I will make this thread a little longer over time updating with pics and questions. Thanks in advance for any help with it. :thumbsup:

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #3  
:welcome: 1967 MF 135 Perkins Diesel

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #4  
Hey back from Lena, Ms!

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #5  
Hello, back at you from southwest ms. 1970 massey 135 perkins gas.

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #6  
Welcome Mitch. Alot of 135 lovers here. Alot of knowledgable 135 owners here. Take care. -robert

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135
Welcome Mitch. Alot of 135 lovers here. Alot of knowledgable 135 owners here. Take care. -robert

Thanks, and it's probably a good thing, looks like I'll need my share of help on this one.

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #8  
Thanks, and it's probably a good thing, looks like I'll need my share of help on this one.

Alot of helpful folk here Mitch. We've got a pretty active area with alot of 135 talk going on. A few restorations and lots of repair talk. The MF Classic/Vintage sub forum is relatively new with alot of activity. Take care. -robert

Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #9  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

/ Hello from Mississippi / '73 MF135 #10  
I bought a MF 135 and want to use the auxillary hydralics. My valve is under the seat and has a handle which can be rotated from forwards on the tractor and moved 180 degrees to pointing backwards.
I am unsure of which way to move the handle to use the auxillary. I have moved this in conjunction with moving the 3 point handles.
When I attached my log splitter to it. Nothing seems to work. When I rotate the handle straight up and move 3 point handles back, nothing happens. I can walk back and lift the splitter and it will raise.
Any Ideas? I have not found the combination to make the 3 point or the auxillary valves work. I realize that both of these can't work at the same time and that is no problem. I would just be happy if either one worked seperately.