Backhoe MF 2310

/ MF 2310 #1  

RobV2310

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2310
I have a Massey Ferguson 2310 and am having problems with the backhoe. I can swing the boom to the left but it won't swing right. The outriggers go down but won't go up. I have three lins that hook up to the backhoe, marked red, blue and yellow. If I switch the lines and connect the red to blue and blue to red I can operate the backhoe, but it makes noise like a relief valve is on. Does anyone have an idea what might be happening?

/ MF 2310 #2  
Not sure if yours should be the same,but this is how my 2310 backhoe is hooked up.

Backhoe hook up.jpg

/ MF 2310 #3  
Rob, how did you make out? There are a number of threads on this... apparently it's not that uncommon to have the hoses incorrectly color coded. I'd also check to make sure that none of the other controls --like the 3-point hitch control-- is stuck in some position other than neutral. WBB

/ MF 2310 #4  
I am with Irv on this one,sounds like the line are not hooked up correctly.

/ MF 2310
I didn't switch lines and the trouble started. I did it one other time and I switched the lines to return the hoe to travel position. then I switched them back and it was fine for a long time. Someone else told me it could be a faulty connector on one of the lines

/ MF 2310 #6  
I Someone else told me it could be a faulty connector on one of the lines

That would be a first.

You could test that by removing the connectors and switching them to different lines. Then, see if the problem is effected.

Just don't get confused about which line is which.

/ MF 2310 #7  
I am absoutley with IrvingJ---a lot of times the 3 point control lever on the right gets pushed or pulled with your right leg or knee and will definitrly affect all the other hydraulics on the machine.

Woody