Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #1  

badels

Tractor
JD 3520 w/Cab
I am looking for Pics or experiences from any one who has a 1500 or 1600 series tractor with a front mounted Dozer blade (or any front mounted attachment). I am considering this option for my tractor and would like to know what to expect. I am also very curious how the quick hitch sub frame mounts to the tractor in addition to the loader assembly. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #2  
Welcome to TBN. Your 1533 is not much different from my 1526. I don't have a front blade and we don't get enough snow here to justify trying to put one on. But there are options. Massey sells a quick disconnect kit so that you can take your bucket off and put other attachments on. It is not a skid steer type (which is a lot better). They are both easy to take off and put back on.

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #3  
I am looking for Pics or experiences from any one who has a 1500 or 1600 series tractor with a front mounted Dozer blade (or any front mounted attachment). I am considering this option for my tractor and would like to know what to expect. I am also very curious how the quick hitch sub frame mounts to the tractor in addition to the loader assembly. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Go to horst weldings website, go to horst snow blades, then download the catalog. There is some 1600 series tractors in there, they were taken at my dealer. I would buy one of these before I would buy a front blower. Should be had for under $2,000.

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #4  
Badels, great timing just got a 1532 and was wondering the exact same thing.

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #5  
Go to horst weldings website, go to horst snow blades, then download the catalog. There is some 1600 series tractors in there, they were taken at my dealer. I would buy one of these before I would buy a front blower. Should be had for under $2,000.

I don't really have a need for a plow, We just don't get that much snow but that one plow that you can angle, v-plow or both foward is a neat looking plow. That could come in handy. It is not a loader mounted plow though. I know you can get a front lift kit for the tractor but do you have to take all of the loader stuff off too. I would think so..

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #6  
I don't really have a need for a plow, We just don't get that much snow but that one plow that you can angle, v-plow or both foward is a neat looking plow. That could come in handy. It is not a loader mounted plow though. I know you can get a front lift kit for the tractor but do you have to take all of the loader stuff off too. I would think so..

Horst offers a loader mounted verdion too. I want a loader first, then a blade. Alo finally makes a compact line, so now I can get a self levelling loader for it.

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s

Will, Thanks for the lead to Horst. They make some nice stuff, but unfortunately they do not make a front mount for my tractor. They do make them for some of the 1600 series though. Since I do have a Skid Steer style mount on my loader I can still use some of their blades, but I don't like this set up. It just seems like that would cause alot of side loading and excess stress to the loader arms.

Here is the prices on the 3600 series 6 way plow from the local distributer.

There are 6 blade widths available from 54 to 84? Prices are:

54 $4660

60 $4858

66 $4941

72 $5268

78 $5524

84 $5678

Brad

/ Front mounted Dozer blade 1500 or 1600 series?'s #8