MF 1526 with belly mower

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
Anyone here using this tractor with a belly mower?

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #3  
No. Sorry. I have a three point finish mower. What did you want to know?

/ MF 1526 with belly mower
No. Sorry. I have a three point finish mower. What did you want to know?

Does the belly mower have swivel wheels so it can be easily slid out from under it when not needed?

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #5  
Does the belly mower have swivel wheels so it can be easily slid out from under it when not needed?

If it is the 1505 like we had on our 1523, then yes it has them. I will attatch some pics later, ok?Two are stationary, but you pull pins and rotate them, the other two swivel.

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #6  
I am sure WilliamBos is correct. I remember looking at these when I bought my tractor and decided on a rear mower instead. If you are thinking about getting this tractor and mid mount mower. Be Aware that when I bought mine, there was an additional $850 charge for the mower because these tractors now come without a midmount PTO and you have to purchase the kit as well. Make sure you try to bargin with them to include that or make sure it is included in the price of that mower.

/ MF 1526 with belly mower
If it is the 1505 like we had on our 1523, then yes it has them. I will attatch some pics later, ok?Two are stationary, but you pull pins and rotate them, the other two swivel.

The reason I ask. I have a zero turn and it's a b!tch to pull it out from under it to service the deck. If the wheels swiveled it would be just a matter of unpinning it and rolling it out from under it on concrete. If two are stationary. What do you mean by pulling the pins. One the stationary ones? They will swivel after that? From pictures it looked like they might. Thanks. -robert

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #8  
I have a zero turn too, I just lift the front up with my loader now and service it. Easy as pie. On that 1505 mower the two rollers on the rear of the mower deck is pinned stationary (pointed forward). The two front ones swivel all of the time. All you do is pull the pins from the two back rollers and then they all four will swivel. Here is a link to tractorhouse http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7008093 it will show you a little bit. Not a great picture. I could not find any information on the Massey Web site about that mower. I wonder if they still offer it?

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #9  
The reason I ask. I have a zero turn and it's a b!tch to pull it out from under it to service the deck. If the wheels swiveled it would be just a matter of unpinning it and rolling it out from under it on concrete. If two are stationary. What do you mean by pulling the pins. One the stationary ones? They will swivel after that? From pictures it looked like they might. Thanks. -robert
And disconnecting the PTO. Best to have it sitting on concrete or patio slabs, rolls much easier that way.

We are much happier with the RFM, faster to hook up/remove, and no crawling under to hook the PTO

/ MF 1526 with belly mower #10  
Yup. Me too, after much deliberation, I saved the $850 for the mid mout kit, paid about $500 less for a rear 60" finish mower and I have ballast for when using the loader. I very seldom take off the mower. With a midmount mower I would think you would be taking it off all the time when using the loader.