New Massey Ferguson 1529

/ New Massey Ferguson 1529 #21  
Thanks Chooglin !!!!! I worked the backhoe on a few stumps the 1st day I had it and put like 4 hours on it !!!

How big were the stumps? Getting close to buying as well and have a lot of stumps around here. Some way too big I expect as even a larger excavator had trouble with a few, but a lot are relatively small. Perhaps 4-8 inches of so. As there's so many my thinking was that I'd rent a grinder and grind most just down to ground level so we can mow over them, but others I'd like to remove altogether.

Always impresses me what a BIG mess the removal of a stump of any size can make. Takes much longer to haul everything away and repair the ground than it ever took to remove it in the first place! Would like to hear of your stump removal experiences so far with your new Massey (or for that matter anyone else with similar experiences).

/ New Massey Ferguson 1529
How big were the stumps? Getting close to buying as well and have a lot of stumps around here. Some way too big I expect as even a larger excavator had trouble with a few, but a lot are relatively small. Perhaps 4-8 inches of so. As there's so many my thinking was that I'd rent a grinder and grind most just down to ground level so we can mow over them, but others I'd like to remove altogether.

Always impresses me what a BIG mess the removal of a stump of any size can make. Takes much longer to haul everything away and repair the ground than it ever took to remove it in the first place! Would like to hear of your stump removal experiences so far with your new Massey (or for that matter anyone else with similar experiences).
Most were 8-12 inch just took time digging them out and filling in the holes !