Loader MF 230 loader options

/ MF 230 loader options #1  

Sbalak

Tractor
2018 Kioti DK4710SE Cab
I'm considering adding a front end loader to my 1976 Massey 230. The tractor doesn't have any remotes, but it does have hydraulics for the 3pt. I've been doing a little research online, but thought I'd ask the group for their thoughts.

I'm trying to keep the total project to ~$1000 if possible, so I've been looking at older MF100 and MF200 loaders off industrial tractors. Does anybody have experience with these integrated loaders? My experience with loaders is zero, so I'm not always sure which loaders will fit and which won't. I'm guess that I'll have more luck putting a massey on a massey, but it seems like some of the IH loader brackets look to be universal. Any suggestions on a loader that's a good fit for the 230?

I've read other posts which talk about the advantages/disadvantages of using the internal hydraulics with a diverter. My understanding is that it can do ~8gpm so the loader would be slow (but not completely unreasonable) and I can't run the 3pt and loader at the same time. If the hydro is diverted to the 3pt, will the loader still maintain pressure and keep the arms up? When I shut off my tractor the 3pt eventually settles back down from the lifted position, so I don't understand how the loader would stay upright when hydro is diverted to the 3pt.

My second option is to run a pump off the PTO with the caveat that I have to remove the pump when when I actually want to run the PTO. Is that correct? Any experience with this guys? Is that just an inconvenient 5 minute job or does it take serious time to remove it. My understanding is that this is a better option, but more expensive.

My third option is to try to locate an actual auxiliary hydraulic pump to the engine and mount it upfront off the fan belt. Google shows multiple pumps for sale, but I can't seem to find a picture which shows how it would mount. Does anybody have one of these on their tractor?

thanks,
Scott

/ MF 230 loader options
Upon further research it looks like I also have a fourth option where I can mount an aux hydro pump onto of the main hyrdo lift pump. This would be nice because it supposed to all fit in the housing underneath the seat. I saw this from Aqualize's post back in January 2012. Has anybody else seen this setup? Where do the hydro lines come out of the frame? It appears that a single fluid reservoir is used for both pumps?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...0-dsc01323.jpg