Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics

/ Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #1  

Scffle

Tractor
79 Massey Ferguson
Hello all,

I have a 79' Massey 245 and would like to use a high lift spear with a hydralic cylinder.
I currently have a basic setup with a standard 3pt lift and no aux hook ups, I've seen through the search some people have two hoses plumbed to the two outlets under the seat,but don't know where it goes after that. My question is what else do I need to make this work? Hook up outlets, lever ect........pictures would also be a great help.

Thanks!!!!!!

/ Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #2  
I've been looking at adding some aux hydraulics to my MF 230. I'll warn you that I'm a novice with Massey's :), but this is what I've found so far.

If you don't need to run the 3pt and the aux at the same time you can run a diverter. The pressure from the lift pump (3 point) can be sent out to an aux control. Here's picture and link to an ebay store selling a diverter.

MASSEY FERGUSON THREE WAY DIVERTER VALVE A-VFD1104 | eBay

Clipboard02.jpg

You can see that the return is right back under the seat. I've seen several image where that return goes into different access holes as well. I'm not positive, but I think the lift pump is just sitting in a housing well and fluid can return to several points as long it can flow back to pump.

/ Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics
Yeah, I will need the 3pt, but doing two difference actions at the same time is not needed. So that may work. Thanks

Here's the current available hookups, image.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #5  
That looks like the source, but do you have another one of those on the other side for a return? You could try to run without a diverter (how you are currently setup) and you'll have both the spear and 3pt at the same time, but I don't know if you'll have independent control. I think the 3pt and spear would operate simultaneously. Take a look at this previous thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g-operating/227181-massey-230-hydraulics.html

It also looks like you can return the hydro to the bolt by the transmission.

Thinking more about it, if the 3 pt and aux worked simultaneously that'd be the ticket..... Here's the left side

image.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #7  
Hello all,

I have a 79' Massey 245 and would like to use a high lift spear with a hydralic cylinder.
I currently have a basic setup with a standard 3pt lift and no aux hook ups, I've seen through the search some people have two hoses plumbed to the two outlets under the seat,but don't know where it goes after that. My question is what else do I need to make this work? Hook up outlets, lever ect........pictures would also be a great help.

Thanks!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, the owners manual says you can operate a single acting cylinder from the standard 3 point hydraulic system. That is what is visible in the last picture with the quick disconnect. but if I recall correctly the dealer I purchase my parts from told me to properly operate an auxiliary cylinder, you have to tie down the three point arms. If you are operating them at the same time it may work . You would only use the lift side of the cylinder and install a filter-vent to the port on the other side of the cylinder if it is a double acting cylinder. The lift cylinder would have to be a lesser lifting capacity and bottomed out for the three point arms to lift to the maximum then the lift cylinder would extend. I hope I understand the attachment correctly for this information to be correct. This information is base on a 135. I'm not sure the 245 is the same but it may be.

I looked at my owners manual last night and from the sound of it you will need to add an auxiliary valve. The standard three point system operates a single acting cylinder with the draft control lever and does not utilize the full quadrant of the lever. It says you have to establish a neutral position on the lever and set a stop. then use the remaining travel to control the cylinder. Check your owners manual for instructions on a 245.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #8  
Posting to this thread from a few months ago since my topic is similar.... I have a 1976 MF 245 with a 1 spool valve. I want to remove that single spool and add a regular (non OEM) 3 spool valve. The tractor is on a remote property so I don't have it to look at right now. From my manual, see I have a pressure line 23 and a return line 29 (I have live PTO). I am unsure what 30 and 33 tubes are. I assume this would be an open center and flowing back to the return line all the time? It does not look like I need a power beyond, that that there is a separate pump for the remote aux?

Attachments

• image-666206662.jpg
    image-666206662.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 1,522
  • image-2153017484.jpg
    image-2153017484.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 701
   / Massey Ferguson 245 Aux Rear Hydraulics #9  
Anyone know the answer to this? Thank you.