Loader 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #1  

opposite2@aol.com

Tractor
massey ferguson gc2410
MY LOADER WILL NOT HOLD ANY HEIGHT AFTER SHUTTING THE TRACTOR OFF, THE LOADER DROPS ABOUT AN INCH OR SO IN 1 HOUR, I HAVE NO VISIBLE LEAKS THAT I SEE, THE HOE WILL DROP ALSO AT A SLOWER RATE, ALSO I WAS BACK DRAGGING WITH THE LOADER & IF I PUT TO MUCH PRESSURE TO THE LOADER ON THE GROUND THE TRACTOR WILLL NOT MOVE. SHOULD THE WHEELS AT LEAST SPIN ? DO I HAVE SOME KIND OF TROUBLE WITH THE HYRAULIC PUMP OR A VALVE THAT IS NOT CLOSING ?

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #2  
I had a GC2310, the model before yours, and I would say that the if you are leaving the loader up when you are done using it that a gradual drop is normal. I never park a tractor without lowering FEL to the ground and the BH needs to be pinned in the transport position when not in use or the boom (if that is what you are referring to) will drop everytime. If you don't lower the FEL or pin BH you are adding unnecessary stress on your cylinders seals. The backdragging sounds a little suspicious. What are the rpm's at when this occurs? Also what gear range is it in? Is this something new that you never noticed before?

I was impressed with the capabilities of the 2310 I had, I hope you have success in figuring out If this is a problem.

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #3  
do you have the transmission in low range? high range is basically for travel, low range for work.

also, if you lift the front end too high such that the backhoe sits on the ground, obviously you aren't going anywhere.

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS
I had the backhoe off the tractor, just using the fel to back drag,the tractor is new with only 7 hours of use on it,I was trying to back drag in high range. I was running the engine at the required 2600 rpm's. I will have to try in low range, I've always seen other equipment with fel or backhoe up in the air parked & holding, I thought there should be a check valve in the hydraulic system to not let the fel, backhoe or mmm to fall to the ground.I have a few friends the have Kubota's & their fel, backhoe stay up when parked. I will question the dealer here in the near future. thanks for the replies back on this guys.

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #5  
the hydraulics will weep, get used to it.

also, the high/low range and in/out of 4wd are shifts you are going to have to get into the habit of making, they are easy to do... just use hydro pedal to get slack in driveline and shift. for instance, when doing bucket work... into low/4wd to load bucket, back away from pile, out of 4wd as you make the turn, travel in either low or high range depending on terrain.

you don't want to travel with a loaded bucket in 4wd. the tires squat, geometry changes, and you can damage machine. at very least will be putting strain on front driveshaft slipyoke. If you are working on sloped terrain, keep it in 4wd if there is a chance of rear wheels skidding. you only have brakes on rear wheels in 2wd, I believe this is same for pretty well all brands of scut tractors.

I don't know if kubota has gone to side by side hydro pedals yet, but you are probably using a much easier/convenient to operate machine. ;)

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #6  
I had the backhoe off the tractor, just using the fel to back drag,the tractor is new with only 7 hours of use on it,I was trying to back drag in high range. I was running the engine at the required 2600 rpm's. I will have to try in low range, I've always seen other equipment with fel or backhoe up in the air parked & holding, I thought there should be a check valve in the hydraulic system to not let the fel, backhoe or mmm to fall to the ground.I have a few friends the have Kubota's & their fel, backhoe stay up when parked. I will question the dealer here in the near future. thanks for the replies back on this guys.

Leaving the FEL up when parked is a safetly issue by the way, not recommended.

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #7  
If you start a 3rd thread about this problem, you will still get the same answer.

/ 2009 MASSEY GERGUSON GC2410 HYDRAULICS #8  
I was trying to back drag in high range. I was running the engine at the required 2600 rpm's. I will have to try in low range. I'm not surprise your tractor wouldn't move in high. I couldn't back up on grassy hill, I had in high range. Put in in low range, the tractor went right up. You can't do much with these tractors in high, unless your on the road.