Backblading with a GC2610

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
I was pulling some gravel and backblading some dirt and the loader pistons that curl the bucket released and the bucket flopped around. They stiffened up again if I operated the loader control. This happened a few times. Is there something broken?

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #2  
Are you sure you are not putting the control in the float mode?

If you push the handle all the way forward and hold it, you will feel a click, that is the float position.

/ Backblading with a GC2610
Are you sure you are not putting the control in the float mode?

If you push the handle all the way forward and hold it, you will feel a click, that is the float position.

Definitely not in float mode. Float mode drops the loader to the ground. The loader arms stay up just the bucket will flop around until I operate the loader control again. It is the two pistons that curl or dump the bucket that release. Maybe I am stressing the pistons too much and it is causing them to release via a relief valve?

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #4  
Definitely not in float mode. Float mode drops the loader to the ground. The loader arms stay up just the bucket will flop around until I operate the loader control again. It is the two pistons that curl or dump the bucket that release. Maybe I am stressing the pistons too much and it is causing them to release via a relief valve?
\

Havent had that happened to me and I have moved and leveled17-14 yard truckloads of sand, 3-18 yard truckloads of gravel. Could be oil level?

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #5  
I was pulling some gravel and backblading some dirt and the loader pistons that curl the bucket released and the bucket flopped around. They stiffened up again if I operated the loader control. This happened a few times. Is there something broken?

Were you backblading while in float position? If not, what was the angle of your bucket? If it was more than about 15 degrees, and you were applying a lot of down pressure, even lifting the front tires; you committed a no no. Such operation can either bend, or break a cylinder rod; which would not be fixed under warranty.

/ Backblading with a GC2610
Were you backblading while in float position? If not, what was the angle of your bucket? If it was more than about 15 degrees, and you were applying a lot of down pressure, even lifting the front tires; you committed a no no. Such operation can either bend, or break a cylinder rod; which would not be fixed under warranty.

I assume you mean 15degrees below level? If so I was probably more like 30. Would that pressure cause the pistons to release?

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #7  
   / Backblading with a GC2610 #8  

I had an issue with the joystick control once when mine was new, take the black plastic cover off the joystick and see if anything is in a bind, or crossed. I can't remember for sure, but I think mine had an adjustment screw loosen up.

/ Backblading with a GC2610 #9  
If you dumped a bucket full of dirt and then tried to backblade, you may have put the valve into the regen position while dumping. This will "loop" the cylinders to allow faster dump time. As a result the oil can exit the cylinders faster than it can be filled. This will leave an air void in the cylinder that needs to be pushed out with hydraulic fluid to prevent your floppy cylinders.

You can feel the regen position if you slowly push the lever to the dump position, you can feel it push through a detent, not as aggressive as the float detent but it's there.