Silver Member
    Tractor
    kioti

Default Backblading with a GC2610

I was pulling some gravel and backblading some dirt and the loader pistons that curl the bucket released and the bucket flopped around. They stiffened up again if I operated the loader control. This happened a few times. Is there something broken?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Default Re: Backblading with a GC2610

Are you sure you are not putting the control in the float mode?

If you push the handle all the way forward and hold it, you will feel a click, that is the float position.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kioti

Quote Originally Posted by ray66v View Post
    Are you sure you are not putting the control in the float mode?

If you push the handle all the way forward and hold it, you will feel a click, that is the float position.
    Definitely not in float mode. Float mode drops the loader to the ground. The loader arms stay up just the bucket will flop around until I operate the loader control again. It is the two pistons that curl or dump the bucket that release. Maybe I am stressing the pistons too much and it is causing them to release via a relief valve?

Tractor
    MF GC2410

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2701 View Post
    Definitely not in float mode. Float mode drops the loader to the ground. The loader arms stay up just the bucket will flop around until I operate the loader control again. It is the two pistons that curl or dump the bucket that release. Maybe I am stressing the pistons too much and it is causing them to release via a relief valve?
    \

Havent had that happened to me and I have moved and leveled17-14 yard truckloads of sand, 3-18 yard truckloads of gravel. Could be oil level?
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

I was pulling some gravel and backblading some dirt and the loader pistons that curl the bucket released and the bucket flopped around. They stiffened up again if I operated the loader control. This happened a few times. Is there something broken?
    Were you backblading while in float position? If not, what was the angle of your bucket? If it was more than about 15 degrees, and you were applying a lot of down pressure, even lifting the front tires; you committed a no no. Such operation can either bend, or break a cylinder rod; which would not be fixed under warranty.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kioti

Quote Originally Posted by AchingBack View Post
    Were you backblading while in float position? If not, what was the angle of your bucket? If it was more than about 15 degrees, and you were applying a lot of down pressure, even lifting the front tires; you committed a no no. Such operation can either bend, or break a cylinder rod; which would not be fixed under warranty.
    I assume you mean 15degrees below level? If so I was probably more like 30. Would that pressure cause the pistons to release?

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

I assume you mean 15degrees below level? If so I was probably more like 30. Would that pressure cause the pistons to release?
    I'm not an expert on hydraulics, but my first thought here is you may have blown the seal. Here is a good article on the subject: Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Help | eHow.com Hopefully this is all it is.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Tractor
    2010 GC2610

I had an issue with the joystick control once when mine was new, take the black plastic cover off the joystick and see if anything is in a bind, or crossed. I can't remember for sure, but I think mine had an adjustment screw loosen up.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

If you dumped a bucket full of dirt and then tried to backblade, you may have put the valve into the regen position while dumping. This will "loop" the cylinders to allow faster dump time. As a result the oil can exit the cylinders faster than it can be filled. This will leave an air void in the cylinder that needs to be pushed out with hydraulic fluid to prevent your floppy cylinders.

You can feel the regen position if you slowly push the lever to the dump position, you can feel it push through a detent, not as aggressive as the float detent but it's there.