1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant?

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #1  

mdwilkins

Tractor
MF 1030, 1949 John Deere B
I have a 1030 and have had to split the tractor to replace the clutch. The operator and service manuals calls for a Massey specific fluid, MF Permatran III. Is there a comperable type fluid, . There is not a Massey dealer near me and I am not looking to pay to ship 10 gal of hydrolic fluid.

Thanks
Mat

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #2  
There is I just got 5 gal from the massey dealer. will try to post what it is later.

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #4  
Cennex Quicklift htb meets all specs and is fully compatible. Local it is available at most CO-OPs. Best part of farmers co-op oil is that they will let you buy by the gallon, if you need to top off buy just a gallon from the bulk tank.

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant?
Thanks all for the options, will do some looking this weekend to see what i can find around here.

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #8  
This is what I use, from Tractor Supply. Not too expensive, meets M-F Permatran III specs. They have it in 2-gallon jugs (and quarts, too, I believe), as well as 5-gallons buckets.

TSC Hydr fluid-1.JPGTSC Hydr fluid-2.JPG

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #9  
Can transmission fluid be used instead of Permatran III for a Massey 2610?

/ 1030 Hydrolic Fluid Permatran equivilant? #10  
"Can transmission fluid be used..."

I bet it would work, at least for a time, but as expensive as these hydrostatic transmissions are to repair, I wouldn't chance putting anything in that I couldn't positively verify that it meets or exceeds Permatran III specs. Just my 2 cents.