MF360 steering cylinder leaking

/ MF360 steering cylinder leaking #1  

pecanguy3303

Tractor
360 massey ferguson, G allis chalmbers, Kubota L4600HST
I just replaced the seals, o-rings, etc in the right side steering cylinder which was leaking bad. After the replacement, it started leaking again after about 30 minutes of operation. On the disassembly, all parts were cleaned and appeared to be in good condition. I was careful to see that the new seals and o-rings were in place properly. The only difference I noticed was that the inner cylinder sleeve had a turned down smaller o.d. on 1 end. On disassembly, that smaller o.d. end came out last (was on the inner tractor end). The local tractor dealer gave me an exploded breakdown view which showed the turndown end to be on the outer tie-rod side. On re-assembly I installed it as it came out (not by the breakdown sheet). Does anyone know if this could cause the cylinder to be leaking again ?
Also, does it matter which of the 2 hoses goes on which of the 2 ports on the cylinder. I think that I reinstalled them the same way they came off.
Any help will be appreciated.

/ MF360 steering cylinder leaking #2  
Does anyone know if this could cause the cylinder to be leaking again ?
Also, does it matter which of the 2 hoses goes on which of the 2 ports on the cylinder. I think that I reinstalled them the same way they came off.
Any help will be appreciated.

Not sure about the first part but as far as the hoses, if it is like my MF240, it does matter where the hoses go. I hooked mine up backwards by accident and it caused the steering not to work and the pump to screech.

Steering.JPG