MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!!

/ MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!! #1  

Gig1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615
Hello to all out there, I hope someone can help me out, I have had nothing but problems. I have a MF2615 4WD I bought brand new in '09, at 77hrs it had to have the motor replaced took 4 months for the dealer to replace it. Got it back finally and 50hrs later the shaft on my power steering pump breaks, was told by my dealer that (a) it wasn't under warranty anymore that my 3 years had expired. (b) that a pump wasn't in stock anywhere in the US, waited for the last 5 months trying to find a pump, the old pump had no tags on it with a part number nor have I found the part number for the pump. I finally found another dealer that said he could get me a pump. I carried my tractor to him and I got it back this past Monday, and something still isn't right. It's as if the parking break is on or the breaks have pressure on them. If the clutch is let off to go tractor chokes down and will quit if the rpms aren't high and when I tried to bush hog when I turn the steering wheel tractor chokes down and I have to shut off pto or it dies. And it's only a 5 foot bush hog in a lightly tall pasture. Also this pump looks different than the original one and the tags have no Massey reference numbers on it. My questions are:
1. Can anyone tell me a correct part number for this pump?
2. Assuming the pump is correct anyone know what is going on or why and what I need to do?

This tractor only has 146 total hours between two motors in three years and only has had a 5ft disk and 5ft bush hog used behind it. It is far from being abused and should handle those implements easy. Any help I greatly appreciate. Thanks

/ MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!! #2  
The part number for your power steering hydraulic pump is 4249207M91. If you google agco parts book you can log in under guest you can see the same parts listing as the dealer. As far as your problem, it sounds to me like there is a problem with pressure build up in the steering circuit. What I think may be happening is the steering pump winds up pumping against some form of restriction [maybe a stuck pressure relief] and the resulting deadheading bogs the engine because the pump is driven by a gear inside the engine that mates with the gear on the pump. The shaft snapped on the first one because the pump deadheaded and the shaft just happened to become the weak point. I am no expert at this but this is what it sounds like is happening to me but I could be way way off. There are a lot of real knowledgeable guys here that can and will help. Not sure if I can post a link but here is the link to the page in the parts book for your steering system [http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/book.aspx?book=agco/3906193].

/ MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!!
Thanks for the info Rotaxtwin, that's what I was thinking as far as what was going on. How do I or where do begin trying to find the problem. I am just really aggravated with all that's happened in the fact that I have almost paid the tractor off and it's not run for a little over a year of the 3 years I have had it. Thanks so much for the help that's more than any of the dealers have helped

/ MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!!
Ok the saga continues, first let me say do not buy this piece of crap farce that MF calls a tractor. Also I have also had the most appalling customer service from the dealer and from MF. I once again attempted to try and get this hunk of junk to work not that it has in past two years now. I attempted to see if I could find a possible bad Pressure Relief Valve as the poster suggested. Before starting I stopped to ask if a mechanic at the dealer could point me in the direction. Ha, I was told that nobody had time or time to even show me a diagram of the system, and that I was either picking the tractor to death or the main problem was prolly operator error and I just was trying to get it fixed for free and if I wanted to pay than they had time for that. I have paid 26-27k for a brand new tractor that hasn't ran for a continuous year since I bought it. I think I have paid plenty already I think. I thought MF was a better company than this. Anybody that can tell me how I can start checking the system to find the pressure build up I would appreciate it, the company nor dealer will they have my money and it appears that's all that matters to them.

/ MF2615 4WD Power Steering Pump Problem, Need Info Bad!!!! #5  
Gig,
I agree the MF dealer support after the sale sucks. It seems that they are only interested in the real big tractors and could care less about the guys that have the smaller tractors. They won't even talk to you unless they can get your money. I would try to get the massey service manuals. The manuals give you a decent amount of information on the hydraulic system. You can find them on line. Just get the part number off the agco parts book site and google the part number. Avoid your local dealer as much as you can, don't give them anymore of your hard earned money. I would replace your hydraulic filter to start. I am not sure if you have a filter in the bottom of the gearbox but in my 1431 there is a plastic screen in the bottom that I have to clean when I change the fluid. Then I would check the lines on the pump to ensure they are correctly connected. You are going to need to do a lot of dissembling. I would pull that pump off and find the part number. It has to have one on it somewhere. I would verify that number with the parts book and if it wrong demand a replacement. If it is correct I would turn the shaft to verify that it is smooth. Then I would pull the lines and verify to restrictions. Then I would check the steering box for restriction. I hope that this helps. Keep posting as you go and take pictures of the disassembly so you can get it back together.