3-Point Hitch 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches.

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches. #1  

LLAWHOT

Tractor
Massey 135
My 135 Massey 3pt hitch will not lift the 825 lb. chipper. Is there a simple adjustment? Thank You Lawrence

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches. #2  
Is your pump putting out the correct pressure? I would first check that before trying to adjust any linkage. You can check the pressures at the top cover. Check out the thread in the Massey classic/vintage section titled hydraulic pressure and external hydraulic feed posted by oilystairs. Hutch who goes by shona13 replied on May 29th, explains where to check the pressures and what size the fittings required. Is the fluid level low? dipstick is on right hand side behind your foot with the draft response lever.

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches. #3  
When was the last fluid change?

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches.
Fluid is new last fall and has been topped up. The fel works well. What is the lifting capacity of the 135 3pt hitch? Thank you L

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches. #5  
Fluid is new last fall and has been topped up. The fel works well. What is the lifting capacity of the 135 3pt hitch? Thank you L

According to Tractordata:

Rear Type: I
Rear lift: 2,850 lbs [1292 kg]

/ 135 Massey 3pt hitch not lifting more than two inches. #6  

Is the FEL running off the tractor hydraulics or does it have a front mounted pump with the hydraulic tank in the loader frame?