1533 control valve leak

/ 1533 control valve leak #1  

Hoka Hey

I have found a couple threads that describe a leak in the main body of the control valve on a 1533. There seems to be a small hole on the underside that is about 3/16 in diameter and hydraulic fluid started leaking out of it. According to the posts there was a rivet in that location that breaks off and a leak results. Can anybody post a picture of the offending hole or a drawing from a repair manual that shows the rivet? There seems to be a service bulletin that say to drill the remained of the rivet out, tap the hole and put a bolt in there. I contacted 2 dealers and direct to AGCO and none could give me the info. I just need to know if the broken rivet issue is my problem so I can drill and tap rather than trailer the tractor 150 miles to a dealer.

/ 1533 control valve leak
Browny, thanks for the reply! Yes, I saw that thread and one more that seemed to be the issue I was having. Dealer has been no help so far and I want to get the thing back in service. If this is the same issue what steps do I need to take to relieve pressure on the control valve? Just work the joystick around after it is shut off? Will Hydraulic fluid come out of the hole? How did you deal with metal shavings from drilling and tapping?
1008977_488834227856104_1432588965_o.jpg

/ 1533 control valve leak #4  
It looks like the bigger hole is leaking. The smaller hole was leaking on mine. I drilled in about 3/8" and blew the hole out. I don't recall there being alot of oil coming out. I did unhook two(maybe it was one) of the metal lines under there so I could get some more room to work. I only unhooked one end of the end of line/s and turned them out of the way. There was hydraulic oil that came out of the lines but it wasn't a whole lot. I couldn't find any of my pics of the repair. I put an arrow pointing to the hole that was leaking on mine.
1008977_488834227856104_1432588965_o1_zps1acb41ff.jpg

/ 1533 control valve leak
Browny
Do you have a picture of yours so I can see what the big hole is supposed to have in it?

/ 1533 control valve leak #6  
Browny
Do you have a picture of yours so I can see what the big hole is supposed to have in it?

No I don't, sorry. I must have deleted them from photobucket?? It almost seems like there was some sort of plug in the bigger hole because I couldn't understand why they didn't do it to the smaller hole. I remember that the hole I drilled didn't go all the way through the valve body. I don't have the 1533 anymore so hopefully someone else can chime in that has a 1533 and can look at their valve body. Are you sure it is the bigger hole that is leaking?