Oh No! MF 1010 Clutch Pedal is Flopping Around

/ Oh No! MF 1010 Clutch Pedal is Flopping Around #1  

Workstead

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1010, MF 1250 with MF1246 Loader
I tried to adjust my MF 1010 clutch pedal free play and while the pin was out of the clevis that holds it to the clutch pedal I heard a "boing."

Now there is no spring return on the pedal. It feels like it has been disconnected from the clutch because the pedal does nothing. By that I mean that I can easily lift and lower the pedal and there is no clutch engagement.

Is there a hidden spring that is connected to the clutch pedal? Is it accessible without splitting the tractor? (I hope.)

Please send me the good news.

Clem

/ Oh No! MF 1010 Clutch Pedal is Flopping Around #2  
Make sure the clutch return spring is in place. As far as I know, the springs are external. Their should be two different springs on the clutch linkage to the pedal and the clutch release shaft that goes into the side of the transmission. If those are intact and connected, you will probably have to split the tractor. I don't have a factory shop manual, but I'd suspect the clutch pressure plate if the springs are ok.

/ Oh No! MF 1010 Clutch Pedal is Flopping Around
Make sure the clutch return spring is in place. As far as I know, the springs are external. Their should be two different springs on the clutch linkage to the pedal and the clutch release shaft that goes into the side of the transmission. If those are intact and connected, you will probably have to split the tractor. I don't have a factory shop manual, but I'd suspect the clutch pressure plate if the springs are ok.

Thanks for the reply, lambs.

It's been a while since I've worked on the 1010 but I don't recall seeing external springs. I'll sure take a look more closely and check both sides to see if I overlooked them the last time I looked.

Clem