Tractor
    Craftsman 1100, MF GC2310

Default GC2310 wheels/tires

Greetings,

I'm in the process of buying a 400-hr GC2310 from another state that is reputed to be in nice condition. I suspect this will go through smoothly. I'll be adding a mower deck and snowblower once I get it home. This unit is equipped with ag tires and, based upon comments from you guys, R4's sound like the right setup for my property... 75% turf 25% woods. Some questions...

1. Where would I find wheels and tires? I spent an hour searching and came up with nothing.

2. I've got dealers for other brands all around me. The MF guy I trust is 200+ miles away. Is it "polite" to ask a non-MF dealer to mount the tires? To liquid fill them? The old axiom of never piss off the guy who aligns your tires is in the back of my mind as I ask this.

Thank you.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: GC2310 wheels/tires

I took my tires to a John Deere dealer to get them filled with Rimguard. My dealer only had calcium, and I wanted something non corrosive.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

I've got 2 new factory rears (R4) purchased from the MF dealer last fall. I no longer have a use for them. I see you are in MA. $350 shipped to you if interested. IIRC, I paid around $325 for the pair. I had the fronts but ended up using them as they wear alot faster.(
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfmaster6 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm in the process of buying a 400-hr GC2310 from another state that is reputed to be in nice condition. I suspect this will go through smoothly. I'll be adding a mower deck and snowblower once I get it home. This unit is equipped with ag tires and, based upon comments from you guys, R4's sound like the right setup for my property... 75% turf 25% woods. Some questions...

1. Where would I find wheels and tires? I spent an hour searching and came up with nothing.

2. I've got dealers for other brands all around me. The MF guy I trust is 200+ miles away. Is it "polite" to ask a non-MF dealer to mount the tires? To liquid fill them? The old axiom of never piss off the guy who aligns your tires is in the back of my mind as I ask this.

Thank you.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsallysdad View Post
    I've got 2 new factory rears (R4) purchased from the MF dealer last fall. I no longer have a use for them. I see you are in MA. $350 shipped to you if interested. IIRC, I paid around $325 for the pair. I had the fronts but ended up using them as they wear alot faster.(
    Hey, thank you for getting those on my screen. If I go forward with the R4 plan, will definitely keep it in mind.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

Try the AG tires first, I have them on mine and don't have any problems unless I'm using the diff lock. my father has a kubota with the R4 and prefers to mow his steep places with mine because of the extra traction. Don't rule them out so quickly.

Rich

Tractor
    2010 GC2610

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler6831 View Post
    Try the AG tires first, I have them on mine and don't have any problems unless I'm using the diff lock. my father has a kubota with the R4 and prefers to mow his steep places with mine because of the extra traction. Don't rule them out so quickly.

Rich
    Well said Rich. If you have steep hills, keep them. I don't have too much of a problem with tearing up my lawn and I use it weekly. It will, if you use diff lock and try to turn though.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

Tractor
    GC2410 May 4/10, mf10 (2)

I've had ag's on mine from day one, no regrets.

-grunt1-jpg

I don't use the 2410 to mow, but still run on this lawn without issue, as long as I don't regularly use the same path. If I do that, I doubt it would matter what kind of tires I had, the weight of the machine will kill the grass, at least temporarily.

-mlna1081-jpg

The lawn isn't the greatest, but it's covering a rock pile.

The spot where the first picture was taken is in the foreground.
    2009 mf gc2410
    1970 mf10 power wheel barrow
    1968 mf10 riding mower

__________________________________________________ ______________

Tractor

Good advice guys... I've made a few passes over the lawn with the new tires with no issues. The ag tires will remain. Until you get experience, it's hard to weight the accuracy of everything you read