PTO Shaft for brush hog

/ PTO Shaft for brush hog #1  

mdwilkins

Tractor
MF 1030, 1949 John Deere B
Just picked up a brush hog and have to get a PTO shaft for it. I have watched the video on everything attachments so I got the measurement part down. What I wondering is do i need both the slip clutch and an over run clutch for the brush hog. It is a 1030 so not sure if it has a built in overrun clutch or not.
Thanks
Mat

/ PTO Shaft for brush hog #2  
Just picked up a brush hog and have to get a PTO shaft for it. I have watched the video on everything attachments so I got the measurement part down. What I wondering is do i need both the slip clutch and an over run clutch for the brush hog. It is a 1030 so not sure if it has a built in overrun clutch or not.
Thanks
Mat

According to tractordata.com the 1030 has live pto so I don't think you need an over running clutch. The slip clutch is a great convenience rather than having to repair shear pins if something is hit. Hopefully the mower will be stored indoors so the slip clutch does not rust together and make it useless. I bought a used mower and the clutch was rusted solid and had to be pried apart to get it to work properly.