MF 283 serial number

/ MF 283 serial number #1  

eahays

Tractor
2040 JD
Hi gang, I am new to this so be gentle.

I recently purchased a MF 283 and want to get an idea of the year of mfg. The tractor data on the web shows serial numbers with an alpha numeric sequence but the data plate shows a serial number of 400028 and that it was made in Britain.

I understand these were built in Brazil, one year and England the rest between 1988 and 1999.

The data plate I see is on the cowling just right of the steering wheel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if there are any issues I need to be concerned about that are unique to this tractor I would welcome the education. VR Ed

/ MF 283 serial number #2  
Hi gang, I am new to this so be gentle.

I recently purchased a MF 283 and want to get an idea of the year of mfg. The tractor data on the web shows serial numbers with an alpha numeric sequence but the data plate shows a serial number of 400028 and that it was made in Britain.

I understand these were built in Brazil, one year and England the rest between 1988 and 1999.

The data plate I see is on the cowling just right of the steering wheel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if there are any issues I need to be concerned about that are unique to this tractor I would welcome the education. VR Ed

What what I can tell by searching this tractor type on the net. It is a 1985 or a 1986 model. If found a 1985 model 283 on the net that had a serial number 399245. Tractordata.com is a bit unclear on that model.

/ MF 283 serial number
Kid, thanks so much for the prompt reply.

I believe you are right on the vintage.

Tractor Data shows the span as 1988-1999 but I "suspect" MF may have had a transition period post USA mfg, Brazil then Britton production.

Again, thanks for the research and reply. Vr Ed