MF 135 Electronic Ignition conversion

/ MF 135 Electronic Ignition conversion #1  

Selahmf135

Tractor
1974 MF 135 gas
Hello Forum,

I have a 1974 MF 135 Orchard model with a Perkins gas engine. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has done a conversion to an electronic ignition system?? I'm considering buying a conversion kit from yesterday's tractor, and I'm wondering how difficult it is to install, and how satisfied people are with the product. Please let me know.

/ MF 135 Electronic Ignition conversion #3  
not difficult to install. most of the 4 cyl pertronix kits are essentially the same guts.. ford, ih, mf, etc.

just follow the directions with respect to coil etc...

if you have some sort of running issue i'd reccomend fixing that first.

while EI will help with a few things like minor bushing wear in a distribuiitor. they are not a magic cure all for run time issues.

many times weak spark is a sign of bad meantenance, improper conenctions, and insufficient wireing. all those would need to be corrected prior to installing the IE.

also note. ei are sensitive to polarity. hook the bat up wrong and try to start and you flushed a hundred bucks. ;) points don;t care....

also.. the gin 1 cheaper 'dumb' units will kill a battery ( and sometimes the module and coil ) oif you leave the key on. ththere are other units that check to see if it's running before leaving current on full time. smarter more spendy units.

soundguy