Holes in dash

/ Holes in dash #1  

GEOFFP

Tractor
MF135 Diesel (1969)
Cqan anyone tell me what the holes in the lower left side of the dash are used for on my MF135 diesel?

/ Holes in dash #2  
Cqan anyone tell me what the holes in the lower left side of the dash are used for on my MF135 diesel?

Which hole are you referring to? Gauges? -kid

/ Holes in dash #3  
Welcome to TBN, is it a slot with a bolt hole on top and bottom?

/ Holes in dash
The holes are on the lower part of the dash, on the left hand side, not the guage holes, its below that. I tried to attach a pic but couldn't get it to happen. The upper hole is on a radius, it is about 1"wide and 3" long, curved around from 11o'clock to 1o'clock on a 3" radius. In the what appears to be the centre of the radius, there is a round hole about 1"diameter with a rectangular cut-out on each side. Sort of like a head with ears. Hope this helps, I'll try again to attach pic.
Geoff

/ Holes in dash
Tractor 31.jpg

/ Holes in dash #6  
That looks like the original key switch hole. Man I don't know that dash has been cut up a lot.

/ Holes in dash
Thanks Murph, I thought the dash was pretty standard apart from those holes. I forgot to mention, the holes are very neat and tidy, obviously factory-made, not home-made. I guess I'll keep looking and if I haven't found anything by the time I get to restoring the dash I'll just blank the holes off. But I am curious to know what was there.
Geoff

/ Holes in dash #8  
Thanks Murph, I thought the dash was pretty standard apart from those holes. I forgot to mention, the holes are very neat and tidy, obviously factory-made, not home-made. I guess I'll keep looking and if I haven't found anything by the time I get to restoring the dash I'll just blank the holes off. But I am curious to know what was there.
Geoff

I've been looking for photos with like options and haven't found one yet. I'm thinking that was where the turning signal mechanism was mounted. You must keep this in mind. They drove these tractors like cars with cabs, heaters,wipers, and turn signals. UK version tractors had more options on them to be road worthy.

/ Holes in dash #9  
I've been looking for photos with like options and haven't found one yet. I'm thinking that was where the turning signal mechanism was mounted. You must keep this in mind. They drove these tractors like cars with cabs, heaters,wipers, and turn signals. UK version tractors had more options on them to be road worthy.

Good catch Kid.

/ Holes in dash #10  
Could be a place for a choke cable for the gas version and also a starter bottom. Some tractors had a separate starter button