3-Point Hitch newby here : what attachments do i get?

/ newby here : what attachments do i get? #1  

warpig

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1715
Thanks for letting me join........ I hope i can gain some knowledge here. I am brand new to the tractor scene, but have a lot of uses for one as i have found over the last 8 years of country living.

I just purchased an 04 Massey 1428V Hydro and was wondering what size Brush Hog and Tiller this tractor can handle. It came with the Belly Mower and Loader but I am wanting to get a brush hog soon and was not sure what to look for size wise.

Thanks

/ newby here : what attachments do i get? #2  
im not familer with the massey ferg hp on those tractors.but id say you could pull a 5ft shredder an 5ft tiller with it.

/ newby here : what attachments do i get?
it is a 28hp 24pto i was told a 5' tiller would work but was a little scared to run one after my JD incident. I appreciate the reply. also wat made me unsure was for some reason they post a 40hp rating on the gearbox of the tiller?? is that max or something? this was in a county line 5' tiller at tsc catagory 1.. i just cant figure a max since there should be a slip on the shaft the guys i work with were unsure also.

/ newby here : what attachments do i get? #5  
5 ft implements would be OK. The tiller gearbox of 40 hp. is the max HP they want to see on that tiller.. I has a light duty gearbox, and if you put let's say an 80 horsepower tractor on it, and you hit something really solid, it could break the gearbox. Slip clutches have been know to stick, and people have been know to replace shear-pins with grade 8 bolts.:shocked: You should be good to go with the 5 foot implements. I would not go any bigger than that though.

/ newby here : what attachments do i get?
sounds good. thanks for the help. let u know how it goes.

/ newby here : what attachments do i get? #7  
A good rule of thumb is to size implement the same width as the outside of the rear tires. If its a finishing mower, you can stretch that out an extra foot to 6' without a problem.