Hey you 1533 owners please help!

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #1  

jockum

I have a 2010 1533 . I have always had trouble with hose connections for the loader. I finally contacted an engineer at Safeway Hydraulics, which is the oem supplier. I learned from him that they are aware of the problem, and it is a faulty installation from AGCO. These couplers are designed to have the body of the coupling move fore or aft when hooking/unhooking the nipples to the loader. On my machine, the female half of the coupler is hard piped,and there are snap rings on both sides of the bulkhead which does not allow the collar to move at all, and the rigid pipe to the coupler prevents the body from moving as well.Which is why mine are destroyed, because even after releasing all the pressur in the lines,I still have had to use a wrecking bar to get them in and out.The engineer at Safeway advised me that the only way to correct this is to remove the hard pipes and attach a short piece of flex hose to the coupler so that the body of the coupler can move fore and aft. Which sounds like a nightmare job to me. In any event, if you could tell me if your couplings are hard piped as well I would appreciate it, or if you have had similar problems. Thank you.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #2  
I have a 1533 and it is as you say. Even with the pressure released you need to jerk them hard enough to flex the rigid pipe. sucks.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #3  
If you will take a picture of it to a good hyd shop they can show you how to fix it. Or post it here, I think some bulk head fittings would solve your problem

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #4  
On second thought maybe swap female ends with the male ends

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help!
On second thought maybe swap female ends with the male ends

Thanks for the replies. You can not swap the ends because the couplers themselves are installed through a metal plate with holes drilled through them and the couplers have grooves in them for the snap rings to hold it in place. These are the only couplers like this. No equivalents from Parker,etc. I also called AGCO customer service about this 5 days ago. No response from them.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #6  
If they're giving you trouble remove the front snap ring. You'll be able to just tug them to disconnect and you'll have to hold the sliding outer piece when you reconnect the male end. Sometimes with the steel lines, if the plate gets bent or the hose gets tugged a bit by the front wheel when at full lock if they aren't tied up enough or something it'll release the coupler. Removing the front snap ring gives a little flex or play to reduce the chance that it'll happen. In extreme cases or if the mounting plate gets bent up, I've removed both the front and rear snap ring and just let them float.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help!
If they're giving you trouble remove the front snap ring. You'll be able to just tug them to disconnect and you'll have to hold the sliding outer piece when you reconnect the male end. Sometimes with the steel lines, if the plate gets bent or the hose gets tugged a bit by the front wheel when at full lock if they aren't tied up enough or something it'll release the coupler. Removing the front snap ring gives a little flex or play to reduce the chance that it'll happen. In extreme cases or if the mounting plate gets bent up, I've removed both the front and rear snap ring and just let them float.

Thank you for that idea, I was thinking the same thing. I will try that. I still have had no response from AGCO though I have called them twice. Evidently they are not very concerned about customer satisfaction and I will remember that when I want to buy another tractor.I believe this is a very poor design from the start.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #8  
I still love the heck out of mine.

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #9  
anybody have a picture of this setup? I think I could solve his problems

/ Hey you 1533 owners please help! #10  
I have a 1526. My couplers are on top of the loader valve and I see that all the newer 1533 are plumbed the same way. I had trouble with mine for kind of the same reason. Mine had like key rings with a chain attached to rubber stoppers. Those were always in the way. I just took them off and problem solved. They are hanging on the garage wall. Good luck with your fix!