MF135 Fuel Injectors

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors #1  

ivanvee

Tractor
152UA
Hello

First time poster and would appreciate some help please.

The old man has a MF135 that he wont let go off and I am chasing the part number of the fuel injectors. I believe we have a angled injectors and I have taken the following numbers from the Engine block
152UA
5047010L

Not sure what these all mean but I hope someone can point me in the right direction, appreciate any help.

Ivan

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors #2  
Go to this site log in as guest find make and model of tractor and find part#734596M91 qty 3 (D) Nozzle Assembly (Marked "UB") (Perkins No. 2645732

(D) - Used Prior To Engine Ser. No.
152UA220812E

part #1446788M91 Qty 3 (C) Nozzle Assembly, Injection (C.A.V.) (Perkins No. 2645615 (C) - Used Engine Ser. No. 152UA220812E
And Up

Last edited:
   / MF135 Fuel Injectors
Thanks Murph
But can I ask which site are you saying to log into tractorbynet or something different?
Ivan

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors
Thanks Murph

It doesn't seem to let me sign in as a guest but I'm pretty sure with the info you have given me will get me the right injectors?

Ivan

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors #6  
Thanks Murph

It doesn't seem to let me sign in as a guest but I'm pretty sure with the info you have given me will get me the right injectors?

Ivan

The ones I'm seeing do not look like their angled at all. You sure yours are? Since being Down Under you might not be able to click on guest.

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors
Hi Murph

Well it just for harder today. The old man change the transfer pump and fuel filters and now it wont fire up at all, we don't even get smoke out the exhaust.

I bled the filters until no air came out. I then opened the lower bleed screw on the pump until free flowing and did the same with the top bleed screw on the pump. I crack the Injector lines at the pump and nothing even when I crank the Engine over. Interesting that when we are bleeding with bleed screws open the transfer pump feel firm but when we close the bleed screws after about 6 pumps the transfer pump feels like its pumping nothing.
I went through the bleed process twice with the same result but this time I got the slightest puff of smoke then the battery gave out, are they this tough to bleed? I'm just surprised I get fuel at the pump and return lines but nothing from the injector lines at the pump?

Ivan

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors #8  
Sounds like you need some some pump work more than injectors. Changing injectors won't help if there is no fuel getting there.

/ MF135 Fuel Injectors
After bleeding the system more times than I want to count (what a temperamental system for air) she fired. We also noticed that the engine wasn't turning as fast when cranking and when I put a meter over the battery during cranking it was dropping to 6-7 volts. We replaced the battery, bled the system one more time and fired first shot.
The test will be overnight. It appears the system was dropping its fuel pressure over a period of time (when not in use) and hence the continual pumping of the priming pump but fingers crossed a new priming pump, well bled system and good cranking power our problem is gone.
I've had a lot of time with Caterpillar equipment but I have never seen a fuel system so sensitive to air like this one.