1648 top & tilt

/ 1648 top & tilt #1  

hammerone40

Tractor
MF 1648
Hey guys,

We are going to add agco remotes to the tractor, and would like to get top and tilt cylinders as well. Does anyone have experience with a good make?

Also, do you think the remotes could be installed ourselves or is it better to go with the dealer?

Thanks in advance. Andy

/ 1648 top & tilt #2  
You can't go wrong with Brian at Fit-Rite.

/ 1648 top & tilt #4  
$635 for a complete set. Contact me for details @ fitritehydraulics.com :thumbsup:

As far as you installing the remotes, first get a price from the dealer, especially if you bought the tractor from them. If you have reasonable mechanical abilities and the tools, no reason that you can't do it yourself. ;)

/ 1648 top & tilt
Thanks for the replies guys. That sounds like very reasonable price. I will be in touch when we decide to get moving on the t&t. Thanks for quick response.

The dealer had quoted $1200 I believe for first two and $200 per for the next two. Sound reasonable?

Thanks again. Looking forward to grabbing some pictures and posting a review when we slow down a bit.

Andy

/ 1648 top & tilt #6  
Thanks for the replies guys. That sounds like very reasonable price. I will be in touch when we decide to get moving on the t&t. Thanks for quick response.

The dealer had quoted $1200 I believe for first two and $200 per for the next two. Sound reasonable?

Thanks again. Looking forward to grabbing some pictures and posting a review when we slow down a bit.

Andy

$1200 to install, or that includes the valves? Or is it $1200 for the valves and $400 to install? Something doesn't sound right. :confused: $200 each valve is fair for the installation, $1200 just for installation sounds high to me. :eek:

/ 1648 top & tilt
Would have to verify, but those include parts and labor.

/ 1648 top & tilt #8  
My 1648 with cab came with one remote installed. I bought the kits for the other two (spool kit and handle kit needed for each), set me back $2200 for just the parts. The install was not bad, but you will need to remove the rear tire for access. Doesn't require much mechanical skill, just some patience.

Not sure how you will get four remotes in there, there is only room for three spools.

/ 1648 top & tilt
Yeah I missed typed. Three total.

Thanks for sharing your costs. I will verify mine of course. Glad to hear you didn't find it too difficult.

Andy

/ 1648 top & tilt
I managed to get some prices. Three remotes would be $3500 for parts ( valve body and handle kits) install would be additional $400-500. I guess that seems to be inline with everyone else.

Hoping to do it over the winter. Then top and tilt when wallet recovers...

Thanks guys
Andy