Show me your add-on switches on your GC's

/ Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #1  

FDuce

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2410 TLB
I will be adding some additional lighting to my GC and was wondering what everyone has done as far as switches and switch locations. I hate to cut into anything that is not easy/cheep to replace but I may have to bite the bullet on this one all in the name of a clean install. I will be adding 4 LED work lights (two facing forward, two back) that will be running on two switches. I also plan on adding some other additional lighting that will be 50% function, 50% show. They will have their own dedicated switches also. So lets see those switches and if you could also add where you purchased them and if they are waterproof or not. Thanks in advance!

/ Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #2  
I used a simple on/off toggle switch with a rubber boot.
I had the switch and boot...so I don't remember the price.
I used a magnetic mount work light from TSC, that cost 20 dollars.
I wired it to the battery with a 5 amp inline fuse.

Attachments

• DSCN1246.JPG
    DSCN1246.JPG
    895.1 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN1244.JPG
    DSCN1244.JPG
    881.7 KB · Views: 275
   / Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #3  
I also used a simple metal toggle switch from Advance Auto. I mounted it under the hood(so the kids couldn't find it), and used an inline fuse holder. I'm using two utility lights(1 forward, 1 back) that I purchased from NAPA.

/ Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #4  
Thanks for the idea on the magnetic mounts. I just watched a dealer video that mentioned how altering the ROPS by drilling or welding can ruin it and during resale, can mean having to replace it, so magnetic or "U"-bolt is the only way to go. Also the location of the switches, looks the most natural/factory of all I've seen, location-wise.

/ Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #5  
Rather than try and mill out perfect rectangles for cole-hersey type, or Centura switches, you can find assemblies with four or so, of them on a plate, that are much more forgiving to make a big hole and the whole plate covers any craftsmanship issue and looks like OEM. Then you have extra switches too.

/ Show me your add-on switches on your GC's #6  
I just wired my front and rear LED work lights into the rear factory lights. Dash switch controls them. No need to run wiring all the way to the dashboard, etc.

One mid to both the 1710 and now the 1723 was to move the factory lights inside the ROPS. That does require drilling through.