DynaQPS speed chart

/ DynaQPS speed chart #1  

rope1250

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1660 Dyna QPS
Looking at a used 1660 with a DynaQPS and wondered if anyone had any opinions on the gearing on this tractor. Heard someone a while ago saying that they thought the low and medium ranges were both a little low.

I do a lot of tillage type work, working up an arena, and most of it is in the 4 to 7 mph range and wanted to make sure that medium range would cover all of that.

I would really like a picture of the speed chart that is usally on the tractor, but the used one is 3 hours a way and my salesman is gone for the next few days.

/ DynaQPS speed chart #2  
If is geared the same out the 12x12 in our tractor, you can start off in 5th gear, the first 4 are creeper gears, meant for heavy pulling. Most of our lawn mowing and other chores is done in 9th (high range, first gear). You will love the tractor, the Powershuttle rules.

/ DynaQPS speed chart #3  
I have the Dyna QPS, only have 10 hours on it but have used it to resurface our riding arena amongst other chores. I haven't done any tilling yet but I have moved hay / turned manure and moved / levelled a few loads of sand as a base to a new barn we built a few weeks ago. Pretty broad range of speeds, so far I like it a lot.

I'm not at home or I'd look in my manual for the information you requested.

Last edited:
   / DynaQPS speed chart #4  
I don't have a 1660, but the 1648-1655 are all pretty close. Guessing the 1660 will be close as well. Below is for a 1655 (forward), reverse is slightly slower

Gear mph
1 0.21
2. 0.32
3. 0.50
4. 0.80
5. 0.91
6. 1.38
7. 2.15
8. 3.41
9. 4.22
10. 6.37
11. 9.98
12. 15.78

/ DynaQPS speed chart
Thank you very much for the info. I'm assuming these speeds are at the higher end of the RPM's?

/ DynaQPS speed chart #6  
Yup. 2500 rpm. Looks like the speeds you are hunting for will likely be in the high range, not medium. Fwiw, really like the Massey and the dyna.