Massey 's New 4600 Series

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #1  

billyboyandmissy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 399, 150
Anyone know where the new 4600 series tractors are built and anyone own one?
Thanks
Bill

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #2  
Anyone know where the new 4600 series tractors are built and anyone own one?
Thanks
Bill

They are made in Japan by Iseki under license to AGCO, they have a SISU engine from Finland AGCO bought SISU a few years back.

I have a 4610.......about 10 hrs. on it...........I just got it right before Christmas this year.

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #3  
Just bought a 4608 before Christmas. Have about 8.5 hrs. on mine.

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #4  
Very nice tractor from what I've read and the photgraphs I've seen. MF makes nice equipment there's no doubt.

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #5  
The rap on the 4600 series is that the power steering lacks strength to turn the front wheels when the front end loader is holding moderate weight. I have heard debate by dealers and owners -- all of which admit there is at best a controversy over the steering on these machines. Some claim it is "normal" in that the wheels must be moving a little bit in order to turn them. Others say they cannot maneuver with a large round bale impaled on the front forks. At least one user had troubles withe the shuttle shift lurching the tractor violently on a 4608. Have not heard much else in complaints (but then I am not in a great position TO hear...)
There are many features to like about the 4600's at least on paper.
How is the real experience out there ?

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #6  
I heard too many horror stories about the 2600hd lp series and held off getting one. Now this new 4600 series has a low profile model which appears to be a late after thought. Goofy the way the exhaust is routed, just hoping for a tree branch to break it off, too wide etc. Why did they ever get rid of the British built 200 series that was so successful? Simple, easy to work on and any monkey could be fairly proficient on it in no time. Updated engines and a few other goodies and they were all set. The regular 2600 series I don't want for free.

/ Massey 's New 4600 Series #7  
My MF 2660HD is a low profile which I bought new in 2011. I had a long list of problems with it but must admit -- now that the bugs have been fixed it is a great tractor. IF IT STAYS RELIABLE. I only have around 200 hrs on it now. There were two types of problems with it 1) Those where poor quality control let it out of the factory and 2) design problems inherent with the beast. You can see my review done in mid 2011 under the TractorByNet reviews. I have also done a good bit of looking at and talking with people about other brands. John Deere and Kubota. I hear some pretty nasty stuff from the orange and green as well. I've studied the daylights out of the 4600 series and I do not see much wrong. The fact that they are made by the Japanese in the same factory circumstance as the smaller MF tractors is a very good thing I think compared to Brazil. The truth of the 2600 series was the low profiles were very little different than the others.