Oil & Fuel MF 231 Transmission/Hydraulic Oil

/ MF 231 Transmission/Hydraulic Oil #21  
Ok I got it all drained this evening. Leaving the drain plugs out overnight. Even covered my socks and shoes with oil!.

Oh man, you really immerse yourself in your work.

/ MF 231 Transmission/Hydraulic Oil
Oh man, you really immerse yourself in your work.
LOL you really ain't got a clue how much oil covered me. And I'm sure the neighbors were wondering why I said a few choice words at the top of my lungs.

/ MF 231 Transmission/Hydraulic Oil
Ok I finally got the Amsoil in it.

When I took the hydraulic screen out the bottom, there were no metal shavings!
Took a rag and wiped around inside and found metal shavings but it was "thin, scaley" shavings which I thought were normal. It was a significant amount though. I'm almost positive this is only the 2nd time the oil has been changed in 16 years, since the tractor was new. I was extremely pleased how clean the oil was. If it would have been a different oil that I trusted, I would have poured it back in the tractor.

Not sure if there's supposed to be ANY or SOME metal shavings in there or not, but there were absolutely no "chunks" of metal.

Also, I am 100% positive the Amsoil has quietened down the "gear clash" I was hearing!

It sounds NOTHING like it did with the SuperTrac Universal oil. Even the 3pt. lift operates much more smoothly! It isn't 'jerky' or 'erratic' like it was ((wasn't much, but enough to notice. Its always been like this but has never given me a lift problem)).

I'm not saying SuperTrac fluid isn't any good, and I'm sure it's been around for years and many people are satisfied with it. But I'll NEVER use it again, nor will I recommend it to ANYBODY. The only equipment I would use that oil in is old equipment that leaks, or is just about bit the dust anyway... This is NOT oil I would rely on in good equipment.

It all started years ago when I tried Amsoil in my truck engine. It has continued proved itself to me once again!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS.

The only thing I have found from Amsoil that I don't particular care for is their tubes of grease. I found it to be very difficult to bleed the air out the grease gun and pumping the grease into fittings is difficult because the grease is so thick. I do believe it would probably last longer than conventional grease though.