snowblowing

/ snowblowing #1  

haroldy

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck30,,front mount snowblower
Snowblowing
11 times this year
Just finished 2 hours blowing 8 inches of new snow with CK30 e/w 6ft front snowblower
Everything worked great
I do 1 km of laneway plus 9 driveways on a private road

last fall I replaced my MF 1020 with a front snowblower I had used for 22 years on the same road..and thought it was time to move on

/ snowblowing
yes , I made a simple cab just before the first snow. 6 mil lexan on wood frame , same as I had on mf1020,, it lasted 23 years and I remove it in spring

the blower and front mount apparatus is mk martin
come summer I plan on grooving r4 tires for better traction

/ snowblowing #4  
I've got a Martin, too. I'm not overly impressed with how far it throws the snow. I am a little northwest of you, just south of North Bay.

/ snowblowing
1510728_648294938546283_1957698960_n.jpg how many rpms are you running,,mine seems to work fine

/ snowblowing #6  
I take the tack up to 2400 r's. That is just below the red triangle for the rear PTO. I tried last spring to take off the front tranny, (the one that hangs down below the grill) and turn it around. When I went to put in the bolts, all the holes were gone. So this summer I am going to make an adapter plate and weld that in place and put the tranny on backwards to see if that helps.

/ snowblowing
standard tires the way it comes for 2013 model ck 30 hst,,
,didnt realize the clearance until you mentioned

/ snowblowing #9  
I've only got about 2.5-3" of clearance between my fenders and tires with my R-4's. I am seriously thinking of a lift kit to get some more clearance so I can run chains on the rears.

You wouldn't be in Norwood would you?

/ snowblowing
No just n/e of peterborough at youngs point
I assume you have r4 s
I had turf on my mf 1020 and found them to be the best for snow and ice ..thats why i am going to groove tires next summer
from what i have read it sounds good
norwood ???? you from there