Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #1  

polarred21

Gold Member
Tractor
Contemplating
I am looking for reviews from owners of the GC2410 and the newer GC1710 series SCUT's and want to know how it has served you as far as service needs since you bought it.

If you don't have a backhoe unit that is fine, still looking for info on the base unit.

Tell what you like, don't like, failures, etc., and tell me why you didn't get a Kubota BX instead.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• MF and Kubota.jpg
    MF and Kubota.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 523
   / Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #2  
I found the BX transmission to be louder but I got a great deal on the Massey GC2400 so that was the icing on the cake. No real issues with it, runs great, mows excellent, is roomy and has enough power for what I use it for.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #3  
150 hours of hard work and trouble free :thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Anyone else?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #5  
300 hrs on my 2007 gc2310,no issues..........love this little red tractor !!!

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #6  
260hours. 2009. Check the lower rad hose for wear with the throttle lever, mine has the tach cable issue/noise, had to have the steering column repaired,under warranty and only because I was using it as a grab handle and you can't do that

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #7  
260hours. 2009. Check the lower rad hose for wear with the throttle lever, mine has the tach cable issue/noise, had to have the steering column repaired,under warranty and only because I was using it as a grab handle and you can't do that

Oh ya, forgot about the rad hose issue, but if you read the threads about these fine machines on TBN like I did, you will solve that problem easily. Had the noisy tach cable once in 3 1/2 years

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #8  
I've no issues on the 110hrs on my 2010 tlb, although I've found times when I've needed a little more power but compared to the bx, my 6'2" frame was more comfortable on the gc.

Good luck.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners
Thanks again.

Talk to me about Iseki, how long has Massey used these engines in their products?

Are these completely assembled in Japan then shipped to US?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #10  
I am not sure how long MF has been using them,but as I stated in your other thread,Bolens used their engines for years.
This was one of the big deciding factors for me choosing MF ,because of the engine they used in these tractors !!!