question about hydraulic power on a 2610

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610 #1  

PeteyDaMan

Tractor
MF 2610TLB
Hi All,
I bought a new 2610tlb last year. I love it but I'm slightly concerned about the hydraulic power on it. I only have 80 hours on it so far and I noticed that the hydraulics seem less powerful then when it was new. As an example, the outriggers won't lift the tractor completely off the ground anymore. Same for the loader unless i put the bucket on the ground then curl it. I took it back to the dealer to look at it and he can't seem to find anything wrong with it.
Am I expecting too much from it or is there something wrong?
thanks guys

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610 #2  
Did you ask the dealer how much the hydraulic pressure was? Could be a releif valve somewhere that needs adjusting, might be worth a purchase of a test hydraulic gauge.

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610 #3  
I have the 2410TLB and the outriggers will easily lift the tractor even at low idle. Some things come to mind like air in the system, fluid level, type of fluid, pins not lubricated or ceased. Could also be a blocked hydraulic strainer-some people of noticed a lot of shavings covering it when they did their first maintenance schedule. Also check to make sure all of your hoses are coupled and connected correctly.

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610 #4  
Have you done the 50 hr. Service on it yet, if not , I would start there !!!
When you remove the hydraulic screen, use a telescopic magnet and remove all the metal shavings you can from the area where the screen screws in !!!

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610
Thanks guys. I've had the 50 hour service done by the dealer. That's when I first mentioned the issue to him. He said the pressures and levels were all fine. I've had the backhoe on and off a few times so I know the lines are connected correctly.

What should the pressures be and where would I connect a gauge? I've had the dealer do all the work so far since it's under warranty but I'm mechanically inclined so I have no issues getting in there with the wrenches. Also, where is the hydraulic screen so I could check that as well.
Unfortunately, the next nearest dealer is 80 miles away. A bit of a hike. I'm going to give them another chance to fix it if I can't find the problem. Is there a customer service number for MF? Maybe I should call them as well.

/ question about hydraulic power on a 2610 #6  
The screen is located just behind the left rear tire (while sitting in the seat)if you remove the screen,you will lose all hydraulic fluid !!!!!!
I would check the hydraulic fluid level first. lower the 3PT hitch all the way down and look at the site glass,the fluid should fill the site glass or at least be near the top.
you want to do this with the engine OFF !!!!

I should also mention,when you look at the site glass,it should appear a light brown/goldish in color,if it is shiny/silver it is low!!!!
it can be very hard to tell if it is low or full ,when you have new fluid in it,so be sure you know what you are looking at.