Loader GC1705 loader performance

/ GC1705 loader performance #1  

henryccca

Tractor
MF DC1705
I am really close to purchasing a MF GC1705 tractor with the DL100 loader but the only thing that is holding me up is not knowing how the DL100 loader with this tractor performs. I have 5 acres with about 2 of those being woods. We have some reservations about if the loader will actually will be able to lift loads of gravel, horse manure, dirt, sand, and also wondering if the tractor itself is strong enough to drag small trees that have fallen in the woods. Can the tractor push snow pretty good in the winter with a snow blade? I know a lot of questions but it would be better coming from a forum of users and not salesmen telling you anything you wanna hear. Its really appreciated.

/ GC1705 loader performance #2  
That's the same loader that is on my GC2400, I think it is rated for 700lbs. I have now problem lifting heavy things with mine as long as I have ballast at the back end. I use my home made boxblade that weighs about 300lbs. I use the FEL and boxblade to move snow and I only have turf tires but have now problem when it is in 4wd. The 4wd work wonderfully for pull stuff, used it to pull shrubs out.

/ GC1705 loader performance
That's the same loader that is on my GC2400, I think it is rated for 700lbs. I have now problem lifting heavy things with mine as long as I have ballast at the back end. I use my home made boxblade that weighs about 300lbs. I use the FEL and boxblade to move snow and I only have turf tires but have now problem when it is in 4wd. The 4wd work wonderfully for pull stuff, used it to pull shrubs out.

Thanks bakerg, My wife was/is still sort of hesitant (rightfully so) about paying for a machine that may not produce the work we need it to. The 2400 is basically the older 1705, right?

/ GC1705 loader performance #4  
Right, the GC1700s came out last year to replace the GC2400s which has in turn replaced the GC2300s. If you search these models, you will find a lot of good info on them to help with your decision. Remember it is a small but mighty tractor.

/ GC1705 loader performance #5  
Right, the GC1700s came out last year to replace the GC2400s which has in turn replaced the GC2300s. If you search these models, you will find a lot of good info on them to help with your decision. Remember it is a small but mighty tractor.

I've had my GC2410 for two years now. I have removed somewhere in excess of 16 stumps. Granted, some I had to cradle with the backhoe to move because it was too heavy to lift with the loader, but most I moved with help of a chain and the FEL.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 4,107
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 1,313
   / GC1705 loader performance #6  
I've had my GC2410 for two years now. I have removed somewhere in excess of 16 stumps. Granted, some I had to cradle with the backhoe to move because it was too heavy to lift with the loader, but most I moved with help of a chain and the FEL.

Man that is some pretty green grass to be tearing up with that BH! Nice report and thanks for the feedback.....need all the Massey GC traffic we can get here..this forum is all BX!

/ GC1705 loader performance #7  
It will have no problem with a full bucket of gravel . The only thing about these tractors is they have limited ground clearance for woods work ,but lower center of gravity is sometimes better for other applications . For pushing snow and dragging small trees a set of rear chains make a huge difference .
They are surprisingly very strong for their size .

/ GC1705 loader performance #8  
I'll add some… these things, on both the FEL and the BH, are strong enough that the one thing that limits them is the tractor's (lack of) weight. It's very easy to lift one of these up or drag them around if you're yanking on something and are not level and/or using the BH stabilizers. Yes, they're small, but their strength in the hydraulics is pretty impressive.

On the other hand, their small size is very handy in tight spaces. And yes, the 4WD is very effective. Only problem I've had is, with my turf tires, if I'm in soft mushy stuff --either mud or snow-- they'll load up quickly and spin. If you're going to be doing a lot of that kind of work, a more open-tread tire would be better, or perhaps chains. irvingj

/ GC1705 loader performance #9  
If you are having thoughts about size, upgrade now, do not buy then decide you should have purchased the next size up from the 1705. The 1705 is a very capable little unit. You get about all a homeowner needs in the package, loader, backhoe and mower. Add a set of pallet forks and your back will thank you every time you have heavy lifting to do. If you intend to try and use it for logging the woods, may I suggest something else bigger might be a better fit for you. If you are going to use it for yard tasks around the residence it would be a good unit.

/ GC1705 loader performance #10  
If you are having thoughts about size, upgrade now, do not buy then decide you should have purchased the next size up from the 1705. The 1705 is a very capable little unit. You get about all a homeowner needs in the package, loader, backhoe and mower. Add a set of pallet forks and your back will thank you every time you have heavy lifting to do. If you intend to try and use it for logging the woods, may I suggest something else bigger might be a better fit for you. If you are going to use it for yard tasks around the residence it would be a good unit.

I agree with Gator. I am the homeowner who finds it great 98% of the time to do my chores and maintenance of my long gravel road. The 2% is when I want to move huge rocks or to reach further with my BH.
Nice machine.