3-Point Hitch mf135 hyd lift not working properly

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly #1  

rvjohn

Tractor
mf135
have changed fluid and cleaned filter. when I hooked up a disc it worked good, did not leak down. when I changed to a bush hog it will not lift the bush hog. with tractor running and lift lever in up position I can lift the bush hog with little effort by hand but when I turn loose it goes back down. any suggestions as what to do next will be appreciated. thank you in advance.

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly #2  
I'm not trying to make you feel stupid but is your draft control all the way up? I know I've made the mistake of grabbing the draft more times than I can count

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly
I appreciate your reply, the draft control lever is all the way up. that part of the lift appears to e working properly. thanks

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly #4  
Just double checking, are your discs drawbar type or 3ph type (you are ambiguous on that point)?
Did the 3ph lift trouble develop over time, or just strike when you put the brush hog on?
Is there a section of the lever controls that says "Preassure Control"? It almost sounds like you are trying to lift on preassure control and not position control

Just double checking, are your discs drawbar type or 3ph type (you are ambiguous on that point)?
Did the 3ph lift trouble develop over time, or just strike when you put the brush hog on?
Is there a section of the lever controls that says "Preassure Control"? It almost sounds like you are trying to lift on preassure control and not position control

I appreciate your reply. The disk is 3 point hitch. When I started using the tractor this spring the lift was slow. I then changed the fluid and cleaned the filer. With the disk it worked fine but it did not want to lift the bush hog. It does no have any pressure control on the outside. It may have one internally. Thank you

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly #6  
There is another possibility, and that is worn draught control linkages (internal). On the tractor, look below the top link, you will see a long pin going throgh 3 supports. Fit a chain (top link won't fit) or wire rope in place of the top link, and try lifting the brush hog. If it lifts easily then you have worn draught control linkages. If it doesn't lift then I am stumped.
I had a 135 with worn draught control linkages and had bypassed the top link .I could lift the front wheels of the ground easily. Using the top link position I had zero lift as you describe.
Due to the cost of repair I opted for the bypassed top link. It worked another 16 years before being sold "as is" about 2010.

There is another possibility, and that is worn draught control linkages (internal). On the tractor, look below the top link, you will see a long pin going throgh 3 supports. Fit a chain (top link won't fit) or wire rope in place of the top link, and try lifting the brush hog. If it lifts easily then you have worn draught control linkages. If it doesn't lift then I am stumped.
I had a 135 with worn draught control linkages and had bypassed the top link .I could lift the front wheels of the ground easily. Using the top link position I had zero lift as you describe.
Due to the cost of repair I opted for the bypassed top link. It worked another 16 years before being sold "as is" about 2010.

I appreciate your information. I was able to adjust the pressure on the draft control spring and put mine back to working. There is a nut under the rubber boot at the top link yoke. I thightend it about three quarter to one turn and am now back to working fine. Again I appreciate all help. thanks again.

/ mf135 hyd lift not working properly #8  
Good one, a simple fix to a possibly expensive problem puts a shine on the day.