Massey GC1710

/ Massey GC1710 #1  

Kevin Krieger

Tractor
Massey gc1710
My gc1710 should be delivered in a few weeks and was wondering if the hydraulic lines are in the way when you remove backhoe and want to use 3 point like they were on the 2410 and older models. My dealer did not have one in stock and this seems to be one of the only complaints on the older models.

/ Massey GC1710 #2  
Just had the opportunity today to get a full demo on my future tractor, the hoses are there, two of them get plugged together and they kinda hang above the 3 point.

/ Massey GC1710 #4  
I don't have any experience with the older models, just reporting what I observed, that there was no real way to stow them, they were just hanging, but above the 3PH.

/ Massey GC1710 #5  
Here is a photo I took at the dealer of a GC1710

Attachments

• 100_2737.jpg
    100_2737.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 353
   / Massey GC1710
Took the backhoe off, and when using three point you have to find a way to keep the hoses out of the way, just like older models. At least with a Massey the three point stays on with the backhoe.

/ Massey GC1710 #7  
Not sure about the newer versions, but my 2310 has very short hoses on the BH. Getting the BH off was easy enough, but I always fought with it to get it back on. (Lots of non-repeatable words seemed to help here…)

I found that, after having a hydraulics shop make up three 2-foot extension lines (that I leave on the BH), I can now put on the BH MUCH more easily. I now back the tractor up near the BH, keeping it about a foot away, VERY easily hook it up, use hydraulics to position the BH for re-attachment, then back up the rest of the way & put it on. I found plenty of room to stuff the longer hoses back in and let them hang; have not had any issues with that yet. Something to consider.

irvingj

/ Massey GC1710
That is a good idea. Without taking the tractor down there what size and fittings do I tell the shop? Thanks

/ Massey GC1710 #9  
That's a good question! Took me a minute to remember what I did.

I took a good close-up photo of both the male & female ends, printed those, and wrote down the numbers I saw on them, and took all that to the shop.

On my 2310, they're made by SafeWay, with S41-2 on the male end and S45-2 on the female end. At least I think those were Ss, not fives. Anyway, that was enough for the shop to cross-reference them. And it may not be necessary to make them a full 2 feet long, but that's what I did, and it's plenty.

Safeway S41-2.JPGSafeway S45-2.JPGBH hydr. connectors.JPG

/ Massey GC1710
That's a good question! Took me a minute to remember what I did.

I took a good close-up photo of both the male & female ends, printed those, and wrote down the numbers I saw on them, and took all that to the shop.

On my 2310, they're made by SafeWay, with S41-2 on the male end and S45-2 on the female end. At least I think those were Ss, not fives. Anyway, that was enough for the shop to cross-reference them. And it may not be necessary to make them a full 2 feet long, but that's what I did, and it's plenty.

View attachment 376567View attachment 376566View attachment 376568
Thanks. This will make hook up quite a bit easier.