Anyone Else Own a 2014 1736?

/ Anyone Else Own a 2014 1736? #1  

DarMar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 Massey Ferguson 1736
Sold my John Deere subcompact 4010 a month ago and was deciding between a new R series John Deere or a new Massey Ferguson 17 series. The new John Deeres didn't exist so I decided to go with the Massey since it was equivalent in the fit and finish category and everything I read had them rated pretty equal. I called my dealer here in Central Texas looking for the hydrostatic 1736. He had to do a dealer trade with a dealer in Georgia to get me one. Was pretty excited when it was delivered last Saturday. Sure is a step up from the 18hp John Deere. Within 2 hours I had a trail of hydraulic fluid following me around as I was moving rock to rebuild a creek crossing. Mechanic finally made it out to my place (90 miles) today to replace O-rings on two outlet pipes from hydrostatic pump. When I checked the bolts last night that held the pipes onto the pump they were not very tight. When the mechanic removed the pipes today one of the O-rings wasn't installed. I guess the 10 year old Chinese boy forgot to put it in when he was assembling it. I noticed prior to and after the mechanic replaced the O-rings the bolt heads that hold the pipes to the pump have hydraulic fluid on them even after wiping them off. Keep in mind that this tractor has 4 hours on it. Any other owners of the 1736 hydro have this same issue with their tractor? Now on to the next problem.
So I put the tractor to work tonight after the mechanic left. I was running it near full speed in the turtle setting where it was a little bumpy. The warning light came on and the tractor shut down immediately with an error code of 002041. I let it sit for 15 minutes then put it back to work. Worked for about an hour and was driving fast on my asphalt driveway back to my shop when the engine warning light came on with the error code of 003936. Anyone have any experience with this? I buy two tractors in my life and I end up with something like this. Do I have any legal recourse since I've only had this tractor for 6 days? Can I send it back for a refund?

/ Anyone Else Own a 2014 1736? #2  
Sold my John Deere subcompact 4010 a month ago and was deciding between a new R series John Deere or a new Massey Ferguson 17 series. The new John Deeres didn't exist so I decided to go with the Massey since it was equivalent in the fit and finish category and everything I read had them rated pretty equal. I called my dealer here in Central Texas looking for the hydrostatic 1736. He had to do a dealer trade with a dealer in Georgia to get me one. Was pretty excited when it was delivered last Saturday. Sure is a step up from the 18hp John Deere. Within 2 hours I had a trail of hydraulic fluid following me around as I was moving rock to rebuild a creek crossing. Mechanic finally made it out to my place (90 miles) today to replace O-rings on two outlet pipes from hydrostatic pump. When I checked the bolts last night that held the pipes onto the pump they were not very tight. When the mechanic removed the pipes today one of the O-rings wasn't installed. I guess the 10 year old Chinese boy forgot to put it in when he was assembling it. I noticed prior to and after the mechanic replaced the O-rings the bolt heads that hold the pipes to the pump have hydraulic fluid on them even after wiping them off. Keep in mind that this tractor has 4 hours on it. Any other owners of the 1736 hydro have this same issue with their tractor? Now on to the next problem.
So I put the tractor to work tonight after the mechanic left. I was running it near full speed in the turtle setting where it was a little bumpy. The warning light came on and the tractor shut down immediately with an error code of 002041. I let it sit for 15 minutes then put it back to work. Worked for about an hour and was driving fast on my asphalt driveway back to my shop when the engine warning light came on with the error code of 003936. Anyone have any experience with this? I buy two tractors in my life and I end up with something like this. Do I have any legal recourse since I've only had this tractor for 6 days? Can I send it back for a refund?

First off, these tractors are assembled by Iseki in Japan, not by a 10 year old Chinese boy. Japan has much higher standards, the boy was 12 :D lol

2nd ... I can understand your frustration, it's irritating when such a small thing as O-rings go bad and cause issues. I had 2 O-ring failures in on a new Kioti before... so I understand.

But, that's what your warranty is for. Let the dealer work out the kinks. If he's stepping up and driving 90 miles to repair it on site, I'd say he's definitely taking care of you.

Good luck ... I'm sure it'll all work out

/ Anyone Else Own a 2014 1736?
You were right TSO, everything did work out ok. First off, the o-ring thing could have happened to any make of tractor. My dealer, Dietz Tractor Co. in Seguin Texas is a pretty **** good dealer. They got back with me within a day when they got information about the error codes from the engineers at the factory. The first error code 002041 that wasn't listed in the manual was caused by a glitch in the kill switch for when the operator leaves the seat when the tractor is in gear. Apparently when I hit the bump it caused me to leave the seat for a split second and killed the engine. The engineers are working on a fix for the hydro models so that doesn't happen. The other error code 003936 is compliments of our tier 4 switchover. It has to do with the engine being new and not enough build up in the filter yet. I was told the code should go away in another 10 hours. The phone call from the mechanic on Friday afternoon made me feel a whole **** of a lot better. I gave it a good workout all weekend and enjoyed every minute of it.

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 611
   / Anyone Else Own a 2014 1736? #4  
Glad it worked it out! That's a fine-looking tractor. You're right, the issues are minor and could happen with any brand of tractor.