Massey 135 Front axle pivot issue /bush replacement

/ Massey 135 Front axle pivot issue /bush replacement #1  

RichMF135

Tractor
Massey 135 - 1972
Hi,

I have a 1972 MF 135 with the later straight axle. I have noticed that the bushes seem to have almost gone on the centre pivot point and am wondering if to tackle the job myself.

Has anyone done this or can advise in anyway?

I have been told that I should replace the whole axel beam which seems a bit expensive and maybe unnecessary. I have read a few forums and it seems the bent axle is easier to do. Also, there seems to be a common problem with difficulty getting the pin out.

Any help would be appreciated

If DavidP from South Wales is around, help!

Thanks

Richard

Massey 135 front axel.png

/ Massey 135 Front axle pivot issue /bush replacement #2  
Replacing the axle beam seems unnecessary fit a new pin and bushings provided there is not more damage or you destroy something on disassembly. Typically there is a threaded hole in the pin, that you would jack the pin out with a threaded rod, spacer and hollow porta-power jack, of course heat may be required.
Not many home jobbers have access to the right tools starting out so it quickly becomes a nightmare.

/ Massey 135 Front axle pivot issue /bush replacement #3  
In my Ford 3910 that has a similar arrangement I took the axle ends off, everything around the front of the tractor and radiator off then took the cast iron support piece with the center axle beam still attached over the pin to a heavy duty truck repair shop. They had a 1" impact that looked like a HUGE cannon shell that wouldn't budge the pin, they ended up applying heat and eventually they got it loose.
To give you an idea I had a 3/4" breaker bar with a 10' pipe and I bent the breaker bar, it was too tight for anything I had in my shop.