Snow GC2300 in snow?

/ GC2300 in snow? #1  

TBrown

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015 w/FEL
Hello, all. I'm heading off to visit the local Massey dealer tommorrow morning to look at a GC2300. This will be my second attempt in the last 6 months to buy a CUT, the first try having in disaster (but a full refund).

Could anyone tell me how the GC's are working in the winter ? Does anyone have a snowblower mounted on one ? We got two feet of snow a few days ago, then half a day of rain, then another foot of snow. Whatever CUT I end up with will spend more hrs/yr moving snow than mowing, I fear.

/ GC2300 in snow? #2  
hey,
Let me know how your trip to the Massey dealer turns out. I am comparing a Kubota bx2200 and a Massey gc2300. I would like some input on which one to go with. Snow will be my biggest job also.l

Steve

/ GC2300 in snow? #3  
I just came in from using the GC2300 with front mout blower for the second time today. Not really because it was needed (2nd time) more because I'm going to be tied up for a couple days and we're supposed to get warm temps and rain. Didn't want it all turnng to slush. Anyways, the blower performed like a champ. I'm running unloaded turfs without chains (so far). Tonight, I had no trouble chewing through a foot of dense snow. I posted some pics this afternoon (see "Snowblowin' pics").

Gotta run for now; will try to give a more detailed answer later. Also, I've posted a few posts on here about my experiences thus far. Try a search for GC2300...

Good luck!

/ GC2300 in snow?
Well, I spent about 4 hours at the Massey dealer Saturday. The first thing I learned was the advantage of having larger diameter wheels in snow. The compacts looked like white mounds with a bit of red peeking through when I got there. After the dealer got the GC2300 cleaned off, it fired right up, and he started driving it up to the parking lot, which was slightly uphill from where the tractor had been parked. The GC had no problem moving through about a foot and a half of dense snow, but there was a snowbank to punch through before the dealer could get it on the hard, and the GC didn't have the ground clearance to do it. The 1428v hydro parked next to it had no problem, however. The dealer drove through the snowbank a couple times with the 1428, then the GC was able to follow the tracks out. Now, I can think of no reason why anyone with a CUT would want to drive through a snowbank instead of moving it with the loader/snowblower/blade, but it was still something to see.

Anyway, I got prices on two different tractors, a 1423 hydro with a MF 1462 FEL for $14,450 (which is realistically all the tractor I'll probably need), and a 1428v hydro with MF1446 FEL for $17,300 (which I pretty much fell in love with). Both include free delivery & pickup for warranty work, and tires filled with Rim Guard. Are these good prices ?

I'm no longer considering the GC. Its a sweetheart of a tractor, I had the chance to operate it a bit and can't think of a reason it wouldn't suit me to a T. I just want a bigger tractor, because....ummm....

I just want a bigger tractor.

BTW, the Massey website is a little out of date. Almost all the 1400 series tractors are available as hydrostatic. Only the 1429 and the 1455 aren't. The 0% financing deal has been extended as well.

/ GC2300 in snow? #5  
If you get the smaller tractor, in no time you'll be kicking yourself in the butt. THATS why you want the larger one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ GC2300 in snow? #6  
I think you will like the 1428v. I got mine in September and have not had a bit of trouble with it. Went I got mine I went for the most horesepower (on the PTO) that I could budget. The 1428v was cheaper then the 1423. I also like the flat platform on the 1428v verses the doghouse on the 1423.

We have had two snows of about seven inches each and my 1428v with the Bush Hog 60" rear blade handled it and the sloping gravel driveway without a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't believe that the 1428v has the option of a hydro tranny.

That tractor combination (1428v and the FEL) priced out at $14,100 here in Virginia. That was with the four wheel drive. I also got the R4 tires. I don't know what you might expect in your neck of the woods. Oh, that did not include the loaded tires. I felt that I did not need them.

A piece of advice, have the dealer bring over a 1428v (or whatever you chose) with the attachment(s) that you want to your property/home so you can try it in your particular environment. Any dealer that is worth a darn will not blink an eye about this. They should even go over how to operate the tractor and all of the implements with you. Make sure that the equipment feels right for you. If it doesn't....don't buy it. If it does then the time you invested in the demo/try before you buy was worth it. It sould also give you some insight to the dealership and their sense of customer care.

Good luck and please let me know which one you went with!

28Red

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ GC2300 in snow? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't believe that the 1428v has the option of a hydro tranny.
)</font>

The 1428v is available with a hydro now! We just got our first one in Dec 22.

/ GC2300 in snow? #8  
Have you guys seen the 1431v it's supposed to have the 33 hp engine ,hydro option folding rops and it's the same physical size as the 1428/1429 I don't know if it would have weight to use all that power?Our local southern md. dealer must exspect them to sell well cause he has a barn full,any thoughts?priced very close to 1433v (sweet) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif