No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #1  

KevinLove

Tractor
MF GC2310
I borrowed this MF GC2310 from my boss to do some tilling and a few other things around my property. Used it for a couple hours yesterday and today with the bucket and everything worked fine. Slight drip off the bucket lines. Went to start using the tiller attachment and couldn't get it to engage without bogging down the motor, I saw that the fluid was below the sight glass and added a bit to bring it full. Started it back up and now no hydraulics work at all. No response from bucket, 3 pt, or any PTO. Am I missing a pressure relief or air bleeder? From scouring the forums I would have to guess its not air, as these systems bleed themselves? I think I did overfill it when I added hydraulic fluid but I then drained some out so its about half way up the sight glass. Any help would be great, spent a couple hours messing with it, with no luck.

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #2  
It does move though if you drive it?

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310
Yes it does go into gear and move. Although it sounds a bit whiny as I do so. Was working fine until I added some hydraulic to the reservoir. Could I have bought the wrong fluid? Was a universal trans/hyd fluid the tractor place had. Listed MF compatible.

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #4  
Unless you put in gallons of fluid, that wasn't the problem.

The hydraulic pump shaft may have sheared in the transmission.

If it's a 2005, I can almost guarantee it.

Last I heard, it's a pretty expensive repair.

I think this is a 90s model seems to be fairly old a rather beat up. Hope a sheared shaft isn't the problem. I did only add half gallon or so. I have opened a few threaded hose connections and there is just no flow.

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #6  
2005 is as old as they get.

Last I heard, they will give you a pump, you have to pay to install it.

The entire trans has to come out, and be disassembled.

Do you know how many hours are on this machine?

Last edited:
869 hours on the machines dial. Not real sure what all maintenance has been done to it over the years if any. I do know there was a new filter put on a few months ago by a guy working in our shop.

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #8  
That would be the longest I have heard of a defective pump lasting on one of these.

Apparently, the shaft is too short, and it tears up the drive gear.

Hope I am wrong.

Let me know how it turns out.

I have one that has not broken yet, but I expect it to.

Will go out and mess with it some more a bit later when it's not 100 degrees out.

/ No hydraulics after adding fluid MF GC2310 #10  
not familiar with your tractor at all...
TractorData.com Massey Ferguson GC2310 backhoe-loader tractor information

if what ray66v is true, atleast it is a smaller tracker, and hopefully a couple cherry pickers / engine hoists, and 2 man crew could tear it down quickly and put it back together.

============
have ya contacted the boss, yet? maybe known issue already?

sorry not much help, those SCUT (sub compact utility tractors) gives me the chills some times, for how manufactures cram everything into them.