MF1736 Speedometer and filters

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #1  

DarMar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 Massey Ferguson 1736
I've had my 1736 for a couple of months and have tried everything to change the speedometer digital display from km/hr to mph. I've read the manual and messed around with every possible combination of buttons. I've even stood on my head and tried it and still no luck. I know that mph exists on the digital display since it shows up when you turn the key on.
I am nearing the 50 hour maintenance period and need to get an oil and hydraulic filters. Can those filters be purchased from someone other than Massey Ferguson? I had lots of sources for parts when I owned my 4010 subcompact John Deere so was hoping Massey would be the same.
Any help would be appreciated.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #2  
See or call your dealer, he has the procedure for making this change from KPH to MPH, it's done through the instrument panel. The speed display is only available for HST equipped tractors so if a tractor is a power shuttle it will not show speed.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters
Let's see, I've called my dealer twice, emailed him twice, called the AGCO Answers number three times and no response or help whatsoever. Someone is supposed to call me back but they never do. I can't believe the incredible lack of customer support with Massey.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #4  
I'm working on the same mph issue. Have you figured it out?

Let's see, I've called my dealer twice, emailed him twice, called the AGCO Answers number three times and no response or help whatsoever. Someone is supposed to call me back but they never do. I can't believe the incredible lack of customer support with Massey.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 400
Yep, the dealer finally called me back and said that the guy that was supposed to call me back had been fired for not doing his job. The guy who called me said that I would have to bring the tractor in to the dealer so they could hook it up to their computer to switch it over. He said that tire size factors into their settings so that's why the dealer had to do it. He chuckled when I asked if Massey was going to pay for it since I bought a tractor in the US not Canada. Is yours a hydrostatic transmission too? Just ordered filters for mine for it's 50 hour oil and hydraulic fluid change. $175 for the hydraulic fluid and $90 for the two filters. BTW, how long have you had yours? When I bought mine there was only one 1742 in North America for sale. They must have produced a few more since May.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #6  
Mine was delivered last week. It has about 8hrs on it now. I shopped 4-5 dealers, a few of them had a 1736 on the lot. The dealer that I went with had mine shipped in from a good ways away. No 1742 hydro was in my area. All of the dealers said that they are hard to get, and the other issue was if a dealer had one they weren't real eager to give it up. Mine is returning to the dealer to mount a backhoe, they should be able to adjust the speedometer then. Did you change all your own fluids? The only issue with mine is the cruise control doesn't engage. I really don't think that I'll use it much, I just want it to work.

I live in Central Texas with a couple of dealers within 90 miles. They laughed when i told them what i wanted and said that they don't carry those especially in the hydro models. The dealer had to go to Florida to get mine and that dealer wasn't too eager to give it up. I can tell the dealer in Florida was along the coast because my new tractor is covered in rust spots. Unbelievable that it could be that rusty. I haven't changed the fluids yet, have to wait for the filters from the dealer and have to wait for the temp in my metal shop to drop below 100 degrees. Would love to see a picture of yours with the backhoe on it.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #9  
See or call your dealer, he has the procedure for making this change from KPH to MPH, it's done through the instrument panel. The speed display is only available for HST equipped tractors so if a tractor is a power shuttle it will not show speed.

I'll second that, my Dad has a 1749 HST that showed ground speed in km/hr, took it back to the dealer for 50hr service and they changed it to MPH while it was there.

/ MF1736 Speedometer and filters #10  
Contact the dealer and have them email you the KMP/MPH procedure from the service manual. It's called "Unit Set" in the service manual and is done through the dash, no reason to take it to the dealer. Takes about 1 minute and the dealer that said they have to hook it up to the computer due to tire size, etc. is wrong.