GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff

/ GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Recently my loader GC2310 joystick when cold, is stiff when raising or lowering. After I work it a bit it loosens up and is normal. I store it in doors when not in use so the elements is not an issue. I lubed the knuckles so that is also not an issue. Any thoughts ? :confused:

/ GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff #2  
Maybe , just maybe the viscocity of your hydraulic is too heavey causing the oil to have to warm up before it flows easy. Just thinking out loud ............:confused::thumbsup:

/ GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff
Maybe , just maybe the viscocity of your hydraulic is too heavey causing the oil to have to warm up before it flows easy. Just thinking out loud ............:confused::thumbsup:

Just started doing and the Amsoil hydraulic fluid is what I have been using all along. Maybe the spool needs cleaning/greasing, but I don't see how it would get gunked up as it has a cover over it....

/ GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff #4  
My GC 2400 has cables that connect the stick to the valve block. I am sure that your GC 2310 has the same setup. take the plastic cover off of the bottom of the joy stick and lube the cables.

/ GC2310 Loader Joystick Stiff
My GC 2400 has cables that connect the stick to the valve block. I am sure that your GC 2310 has the same setup. take the plastic cover off of the bottom of the joy stick and lube the cables.

The GC2310 joystick is setup a bit differently. I took the spool apart and it was clean and well lubed. Relubed and re-assembled. Seems ok now for some odd reason.