New MF 1030, a few random questions

/ New MF 1030, a few random questions #1  

mo1

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5075E
I just got a 1987 MF 1030 FWA and have a few questions as I am going about servicing the machine and becoming familiar with it.

1. I got a manual with the tractor that shows it is supposed to have a 3 range (H/M/L) 4-speed transmission. My tractor has four ranges (two sequential two-range selectors) with a three-speed transmission. Was there a change in transmissions partway through the production run?

2. Where in the world do you get headlights for one? I brought in the goofy-looking bulb and the guy at O'Reilly's brought out a set of enormous reference books and was befuddled as it wasn't in there and those books have apparently the entire production back catalogs for the three major manufacturers (Wagner, Sylvania/Osram, and GE.)

/ New MF 1030, a few random questions #2  
Congrats on your purchase.

I just got a 1987 MF 1030 FWA <snip>

2. Where in the world do you get headlights for one? I brought in the goofy-looking bulb and the guy at O'Reilly's brought out a set of enormous reference books and was befuddled as it wasn't in there and those books have apparently the entire production back catalogs for the three major manufacturers (Wagner, Sylvania/Osram, and GE.)

Are you sure you need headlights?

It seems most of us with a FEL want highpower LED lights on the ROPs.

/ New MF 1030, a few random questions
The main reason I asked about the headlights is I wanted to make sure that there are no electrical problems. One headlight works, the other doesn't and the bulb of the one that doesn't is obviously burned out when I looked at it. If I can't find a headlight for it, no big deal. I don't anticipate being out at night.

The tractor is a 1987 and does not have a ROPS. It was optional at that time and apparently it wasn't a popular option.