1643 wobble

/ 1643 wobble #1  

Boria

Tractor
Massey 1643
When I run my tractor in high 2 thru 4 gear sometimes its like the tractor is wobbling. Its not constant, it comes and goes but its a definite wobbling motion. What would cause something like this? Could the liquid in the tires be causing this? I am not on pavement. Usually it is my flat dirt driveway or I have noticed it going across a grass field in 2nd high.

/ 1643 wobble #2  
Tie rod joints or king pins if 2wd. Tie rod joints or Knuckle joints worn if 4wd. Could also be sloppy wheel bearings or a worn drag link.

/ 1643 wobble #3  
My R1 tires do that if I'm on asphalt. As the bars on the tires go in and out of phase it causes the tractor to move back and forth, side to side. May not be related, but it's a real low cost source of wobble. Hope yours is too.

/ 1643 wobble
My 1643 only has 55 hours on it and its been doing it since the day I bought it. Mine has R4 tires and I am thinking it is something to do with the tires. It doesn't do it all the time. Its kind of off and on but its a pretty significant wobble when it does it.

/ 1643 wobble #5  
Next time it wobbles, try this: turn the steering wheel a little bit and see if it stops.
If yes, then it's just the phasing of the tire lugs and completely normal.

/ 1643 wobble #6  
My 1643 doesn't do that, no matter the speed or ground surface.

/ 1643 wobble #7  
Check the toe on the front tires. We burned up a set of turs on tne front. Adjusted toe, replaced rubber, all good.