Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic problems tyrants

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic problems tyrants #1  

vizigot

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 250
Who knows what the problem is you do not lift the suspensions? Hydraulic pump can be damaged? Pump where it is located and how to fix it? Someone help me with SERVIS MANUAL Massey Ferguson 250? Thank you so much!

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic problems tyrants #2  
We had a 250 in the early 80s. One of the worst Masseys ever. From new the hydraulics were a problem. Flat useless steering wheel needed a speed handle. Steering components failed while still under warranty. Best thing is a scrap dealer. Was supposed to be British but was actually out of Mexico. :thumbdown:

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic problems tyrants #3  
Who knows what the problem is you do not lift the suspensions? Hydraulic pump can be damaged? Pump where it is located and how to fix it? Someone help me with SERVIS MANUAL Massey Ferguson 250? Thank you so much!

Change the hydraulic fluid and clean/change filter is first step, and fluid level, of course.

/ Massey Ferguson 250 hydraulic problems tyrants #4  
We had such a bad experience with this model I was very quick to dump on it. I to this day do not know what caused the problem with the hydraulics. My best guess is the brake pad material as the brakes wore substantially needing numerous adjustments in the 2 years we had the tractors. This material constantly fouled the hydraulic filter. Anywhere from 60-100 hours required a cleaning of the filter whether it was refilled with the used or fresh hydraulic oil. The bottom 2-3 inches of the filter would be packed with grunge. Cleaning the inside of the housing was also needed. In addition we had issues with the injection pumps, steering tie rods wearing out (less than 250) hours and numerous other items. I almost went Green until my dealer gave me an "at cost" deal to go to a Pair of 253s. Two of the best tractors we ever had. I'm sorry that I ever traded those 2.