MF 135 PTO disengaging

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #1  

Buckie02

Tractor
1965 Massey 135 Gas
Just bought tractor. 1965 MF 135 Gas engine. Tried to bush hog and PTO kept disengaging. I can hold lever back and it will stay in gear. What should I do? Thanks

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #2  
When you engage the pto do you feel something pop like a de-tent (like the shifter does when you change gears?) If not the detent is stuck, or it possibly popped out.

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging
No de-tent like feeling. It does not feel like it goes in as far as a gear shift or as far as when I put it in Ground position. Where can I find out how to chech detent? Bush hogged with it today. Used a tarp strap to hold it in gear.

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #4  
The detent is in the side cover where the pto lever is, when you take the pto cover off some of the transmission/hydraulic fluid will come out (take the bottom bolt off of the pto cover, and let it drain from there first) you will need a good sized drain pan.

If you need the detent parts
191221M1 Spring (15/32 x 1-3/16")
180418M1 Plunger (1/2" Dia. x 51/64")

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging
Thank you. It does not sound to difficult. I plan on buying repair manuals for tractor. Is Jensales package for about $180 good?

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #6  
Thank you. It does not sound to difficult. I plan on buying repair manuals for tractor. Is Jensales package for about $180 good?

I have the Jensales operator, service and parts manuals for the 135. They are OK--better than the I&T manuals I have for the 135.

I'd recommend getting the manuals from Agco.

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #7  
The original MF 135 manual is good, but the I&T manual is a good addition to the original MF manual (I have both).

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging #8  
The jensales manuals are AGCo reprints so they will work just fine.

/ MF 135 PTO disengaging
I just bought some from Yesterdays Tractors. Service manual and part manual. $99. Hope to work on it soon. Thanks for help.